What's new

Favorite SurfacePro aps for FUN

MMU

We all know what a great productivity tool the SP is. I'm wondering about favorite apps people use for leisure.

I've recently discovered Wordament. I can't believe how addicting it is considering that I don't even like word games like Scrabble etc. I think what makes it so compelling is the fact that you are competing on the same puzzle simultaneously with 100's of other players around the globe. I'm having trouble putting it down over the last week or so. I'm not anywhere near being one of the top dogs (pretty embarrassing actually) but the daily improvement is addictive. And I think it helps improve brain function.

It's free and the ads are not invasive.

What are your favorite leisure time apps?

icwhatudidthere

Love Wordament. So addicted to it I bought a Nokia 820 to play on the go! I do get annoyed at the ads though since they can slow down inputing words. On my very best games, I average 1.8-2 sec/word so that slight interuption really throws off my game! :) Even still, the best I've placed is 48.

There's lots of games for the SP since it's a full computer. You can also plug in an XBox 360 remote and play away. Lately I've been playing indie games also since this is my first PC in many years, I've been catching up. Slender is pretty creepy if you're into scaring yourself.

As for Metro games there's a Nintendo emulator and I didn't think I'd like Angry Birds Starwars but the characters have lots of new powers so it's kept me entertained.

vinumsv

My Fav Fun Apps :
Pinball FX2
Wordament
Tinker (Not Exactly a Metro App but still :p )
Agent 008 Ball
Jetpack Joyride
Armed

dlacaba

Wordament
MS version of Mahjong, it's pretty polished for a Mahjong game.

Emulators for NES, SNES, PS1. Add a 360 controller and you're set. I was keeping around my original modded xbox so that I could play the old games, but with the surface pro it doubles as a Console when you plug it into your tv.

Yeff

Wordament
MS version of Mahjong, it's pretty polished for a Mahjong game.

Emulators for NES, SNES, PS1. Add a 360 controller and you're set. I was keeping around my original modded xbox so that I could play the old games, but with the surface pro it doubles as a Console when you plug it into your tv.

Gotta agree about Mahjong. Very polished. Love the background music... makes it very easy to disappear into the game.