What's new

February 2014 update ...

S-tension

February 2014 updates

Surface Display Panel (v1.0.2.0) provides tuning to the Surface display calibration.
Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v24.00.50)
Resolves issue where Surface would not go into hibernation.
Resolves issue where available battery percentage was reported incorrectly.
Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v2.04.0150)
Resolves issue where Surface would reset upon repeated Surface Cover attach/detach.
Resolves issue where On Screen Keyboard would unexpectedly pop-up even though Surface Cover is attached.
Resolves issue where Surface Cover is not detected after wake up from sleep.
Surface Touch Cover 2 Firmware Update Device (v2.0.228.0) update improves two-finger touchpad use.
Surface Type Cover 2 Firmware Update Device (v2.0.226.0) update improves two-finger touchpad use.

MickeyLittle

I just installed all the updated, rebooted, and checked for updates a second time. The second time is when it found the System firmware update dated 2/11/14.

MickeyLittle

February 2014 updates

Surface Display Panel (v1.0.2.0) provides tuning to the Surface display calibration.
Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v24.00.50)
Resolves issue where Surface would not go into hibernation.
Resolves issue where available battery percentage was reported incorrectly.
Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v2.04.0150)
Resolves issue where Surface would reset upon repeated Surface Cover attach/detach.
Resolves issue where On Screen Keyboard would unexpectedly pop-up even though Surface Cover is attached.
Resolves issue where Surface Cover is not detected after wake up from sleep.
Surface Touch Cover 2 Firmware Update Device (v2.0.228.0) update improves two-finger touchpad use.
Surface Type Cover 2 Firmware Update Device (v2.0.226.0) update improves two-finger touchpad use.

Maybe so but not in the great detail that the OP did here sir!

godson594

I wish they would fix the flicker in the adaptive brightness bug - So annoyed that I always have to install an old driver to fix it.

I'll update mine in a bit.

jeffb

Wow maybe I'm just imagining it but the two-finger scroll and pinch do seem to be quite improved! :)

GoodBytes

I wish they would fix the flicker in the adaptive brightness bug - So annoyed that I always have to install an old driver to fix it.

I'll update mine in a bit.

I have figured out a fix for it:
Color Banding and dynamic contrast FIX (I made a fix) - Windows Phone Central Forums

It won't make the firmware update show up all the time, it won't affect battery life (at least on my side), nor any strange stuff. If you do try it, let me know.
If you wait for the 1 click option, as I said in my post, you'll have to be patient. I am in full mid-term at University, so it will take time.

Last edited:

kristalsoldier

Wow maybe I'm just imagining it but the two-finger scroll and pinch do seem to be quite improved! :)

Hmmm...yes, you are right! It does seem to work better. I usually keep it off because it interferes with my typing, but now, I may just keep it on and see how things go.

godson594

I have figured out a fix for it:
Color Banding and dynamic contrast FIX (I made a fix) - Windows Phone Central Forums

It won't make the firmware update show up all the time, it won't affect battery life (at least on my side), nor any strange stuff. If you do try it, let me know.
If you wait for the 1 click option, as I said in my post, you'll have to be patient. I am in full mid-term at University, so it will take time.

Thanks -

I'm just sooooooo over doing work arounds to make things work properly. I mean to the point I just keep the drivers in a folder on my desktop so when it gets screwed up from an update I can go reinstall and reconfigure again... I keep hoping there will be a video update that fixes this (why I still hope is beyond me)

Thx again

jackh

Strange Occurrence--I have a 512 4300 & a 256 4200--Firmware Update for the 512 120Meg--Firmware Update for the 256 95Meg--I Wonder why?

Also I had never Installed the Jan 17th Firmware on either of Pro's had them hidden now the are gone!!

And they both seem way bigger in size then some of you are getting!!

Jack

Last edited:

GoodBytes

Thanks -

I'm just sooooooo over doing work arounds to make things work properly. I mean to the point I just keep the drivers in a folder on my desktop so when it gets screwed up from an update I can go reinstall and reconfigure again... I keep hoping there will be a video update that fixes this (why I still hope is beyond me)

Thx again

I think the reason is that the Surface team is focusing to have everything in power saving mode, to provide the most battery. So they set the Intel option which, as mentioned, is called "Contrast Enhancement" on desktop but on laptop it's claimed to boost battery life. While I don't have any scientific data that it does in deep does not affect battery life, I think the Surface team don't want to take any chances. The last thing they want to see is: "New Surface Pro 2 firmware drops battery life". And, I also think, that even if they saw that this feature does nothing beside being annoying to some people, they trust Intel that it actually helps battery life. And I think they are in the mode: "If it saves 5min, we will take it! It's better than nothing".

Now that people seams to be happy with the Surface Pro 2 battery life, I expect, that feature to be disabled in the next Surface Pro, as they know the battery life that people expect and are happy with, especially helped with Intel next gen CPU wihch has a goal to consume even less power, while still being faster.