What's new

Felt Skin for the back of Surface Pro

plasm0

I love how the Type keyboard Case has a felt backing, so when the Surface is closed, you can lay it on a table, and push it across the table smoothly without worrying that it (or the table) will get scratched.

Does anyone know if:

1) There exists a third party Surface Skin that is available to purchase for the back cover (+ Kickstand) that has a FELT coating?

2) If the Surface RT footprint is the exact same measurement as the Pro? (i.e. will the existing Surface RT Skins work with Pro model?)

TeknoBlast

I purchased a skin from Decal Girl. I was worried about the back being scratched and from what I know, there's no back protection on the market. I guess you could get a sleeve to protect the entire device. The skin I purchased does no leave any kind of residue if you need to remove it. They have tons of great designs.

OP
plasm0

plasm0

I purchased a skin from Decal Girl. I was worried about the back being scratched and from what I know, there's no back protection on the market. I guess you could get a sleeve to protect the entire device. The skin I purchased does no leave any kind of residue if you need to remove it. They have tons of great designs.

Thanks for the reply.
That's good to hear about Decal Girl- i checked out their website, but haven't heard too many reviews about these 3rd party skin companies.

TeknoBlast

Thanks for the reply.
That's good to hear about Decal Girl- i checked out their website, but haven't heard too many reviews about these 3rd party skin companies.

It was my first time ordering from them and I'm very happy with the purchase. They also provide you the wall paper to match your skin.

bosamar

When I first got my RT I wanted to purchase a semi-hard plastic wrap cover for it (as far as I know right now I don't believe vendors make them for the Surface). I had one on my iPadv1 which I pampered. Now I'm thinking I won't need one because as soon as the RTv2 goes on sale I'm buying one.

OP
plasm0

plasm0

You know, I was thinking....

All I may really need is 4 "felt stickers" for the 4 corners of the Surface Pro... like those circular ones that you can buy at Jo-Ann Fabrics. Seriously, it may be all I need... hmm

bosamar

You know, I was thinking....

All I may really need is 4 "felt stickers" for the 4 corners of the Surface Pro... like those circular ones that you can buy at Jo-Ann Fabrics. Seriously, it may be all I need... hmm

When at home my RT rests on my brick fireplace mantle... with a thick cloth towel underneath it. I'm not a 'sitter' most of the time, I like to stand. Maybe that has something to do with my 25 years in submarines. :LOL:

OP
plasm0

plasm0

NOTE for PRO users: I just got email back from DecalGirl stating that their current Surface skins are only for RT, and do not fit the Pro:

Thank you for your email. I am sorry, but the skins we have for the Surface will not fit the new Surface Pro. We have added this device to our list so the design team can determine if we will purchase the newest Surface to designs skins for it.

Please watch www.facebook.com/decalgirl for any news on the launch the Microsoft Surface Pro.

Have a great day.
Susan
Customer Support
DecalGirl.com
302-360-8072
1-888-653-1430
Monday-Friday 8:00am-6:00pm EST

Darkhell

Looking at the RT and the Pro in person they look to be the same minus the thickness. I wonder how far it is off if it is.

bertopl

I actually purchased a skin from decalgirl thinking it would fit the pro. got it in and I was amazed that it's actually too big. the quality looked nice though and they were kind enough to offer me a free skin for my pro when they came out. I cited that although their website properly specified that it is for the RT, it was in such fine print that I didn't notice it. not only did they offer me the free skin but they changed their website to more clearly show it is for the RT the day after I sent my email complaint. good folks there, looking forward to when they get their proper pro skin out.

-- berto