What's new

Few questions before purchasing Surface RT

Nuttyo

Hi guys,

I currently live in Israel but the Surface isn't here yet.
Due to a near trip to the US I was considering buying the Surface there.

Does anyone know if the preview version of office is compatible with right to left languages (specifically Hebrew)?
How do I handle the charging of the device via a US charger to an Israeli outlet? (220V)

I really appreciate your help!

Last edited:

d31dk

Hi,

Don't know about the right to left writing, but i use a travel adapter to my charger. We have 220V in sweden too, works fine.

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Office on the RT is now the full retail-version and should do this like any other version of office. The continental-European charger uses a flat type-c plug (CEE 7/16) which could be used with modern Isreali outlets (acc to wikipedia) and the plug it-selfs is changeable (not so with the us-one). Despite this, all chargers seems to cover a range of 110-220V so the solution of buying a simple adapter works too.

OP
N

Nuttyo

Thank you for the quick replay!

I assume there aren't any problems with typing different languages on the English Touch Cover, right?
(Similar to buying a keyboard with only english letters engraved on it.)

Revealingsean

Microsoft unfortunately wont offer any service or exchanges in your region and there have been some known issues that have needed exchanges. If you were in Israel and ran into a problem they would only redirect you to the U.S. store and you could only get a service or exchange if you have an address in the U.S. Just be aware of this.

Hans

Thank you for the quick replay!

I assume there aren't any problems with typing different languages on the English Touch Cover, right?
(Similar to buying a keyboard with only english letters engraved on it.)

Of course that makes no difference. I had set up 5 different keyboards (including Traditional and Simplified Chinese) on my Windows 8 laptop and after setting up the Surface with the same user account all language settings have been transferred and everything works exactly the same as on the laptop. Including switching between languages, setting options, etc.