What's new

Fiddling with the magnetic power charger cord

mitchellvii

The key is to hold the cord by the cord about an inch above the plug so that it is kind of floppy in your hand. Then put the top edge in first and the magnet takes over and snaps the rest right in. If you hold it too tightly the magnet cant do its thing.

Using this method is instant connection every time.

apoc_reg

The key is to hold the cord by the cord about an inch above the plug so that it is kind of floppy in your hand. Then put the top edge in first and the magnet takes over and snaps the rest right in. If you hold it too tightly the magnet cant do its thing.

This! That's what I do and I've had no issue

bosamar

My charger port is still pristine (absolutely no scratches). I can attach my cord in about 2 seconds.... sometimes faster! :p

windows8nation

if the chord itself was attached to the middle length of the connector as opposed to the end edge I think this issue would disappear. Hey Microsoft, its time for a revised charger...

ccny00

this method works amazingly! thanks!

Arizona Willie

I hold it about 3 inches back and just ease it into the vicinity and the magnets grab it just fine.
Been thinking of making a video for this ... hard to believe so many people have so much trouble with it.