What's new

Finally...128GB micro sd

tarrant64

SanDisk Packs 128GB Into A MicroSD Card | TechCrunch

Should be available this week, at least at Best Buy and Amazon. Hope price is reasonable!

What do you guys use your micro sd's for? I have a 32GB and 64GB - one for games and another for movies.

Updated:

Link to Best Buy $199 (they may price match Amazon) - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ultra-1...170?id=1219098340181&skuId=4471009&st=sandisk 128gb&cp=1&lp=6

Link to Amazon $119- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...N=B00IIJ6W4S&linkCode=as2&tag=androheadl04-20

Last edited:

Jeffrey

$200. is a bit pricey considering you can buy a 256 SSD these days for $140. I would expect them to come way down in price in a few months.

CrippsCorner

I have a 64Gb card in my Surface Pro and it holds all my music :) which is currently about 60Gb worth! So I'm nearing the end... have around 40-50Gb free on my Surface's HDD I think, so could spill over to that or get myself one of these. Very nice indeed.

OP
tarrant64

tarrant64

$200. is a bit pricey considering you can buy a 256 SSD these days for $140. I would expect them to come way down in price in a few months.

It's true, it is a bit pricey, but microSDXC and SSD's - different purposes other than just storage. Ultimately I think the Android and other mobile device users are going to eat this up - where SSD doesn't help you at all. Makes buying a phone just because of it's larger internal storage obsolete with this available really.

Considering though that it's nearest step down, 64GB, is regularly priced at $100 I see why they marked it up to be $199 - double the space, double the cost. However, it's probably best to wait for it to go on sale - it will most likely come down to something like $160 to match up the current sale on the 64gb, $60. That would make sense. I would literally go to the store and buy it right now if that were the sale.

kundas1

yea def I would wait till it goes on sale, as it's just the beginning and of course they're expensive at first, BUT then in 6 months they will start to go on sale as no one will be buying them at full price...