What's new

Finding Trackpad settings for type cover

J515OP

Super Moderator
That app should work for both the Surface RT and Pro. Are you in a region other than the US?

OP
Y

YKinase

No - here in the US. When I search on the Store (via Charm), it does not show up. Were you able to install it?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Yes and it is mentioned in a couple of threads. I haven't heard of others having issues installing it. Is your cover attached? Maybe you need to switch back to the stock on screen keyboard as well to download the app?

Edit: Also did you try this from the app page you linked?

If this app doesn’t detect the keyboard, do the following:

1. Make sure you have the latest updates: From the Start screen, type Update, tap Settings, then tap Check for updates.
2. From the Start screen, type Devices, tap Settings, then tap Devices and Printers. Then tap Refresh three times (circular arrow next to Search box). Try using the app again.

OP
Y

YKinase

I've tried with/without the cover and just tried with the stock on-screen keyboard. I get the same message - not available for your PC :( Maybe it is time to uninstall the type cover and restart with a fresh driver install.

Is it actually a "Metro" app?

apoc_reg

That app should work for both the Surface RT and Pro. Are you in a region other than the US?

Hi There can I just pick up on this (apologies for the hijack!!). I just ordered my Pro from the US to the UK, am I going to have issues with the windows store until such time as they release it here in the uk?

Many thanks!

J515OP

Super Moderator
I've tried with/without the cover and just tried with the stock on-screen keyboard. I get the same message - not available for your PC :( Maybe it is time to uninstall the type cover and restart with a fresh driver install.

Is it actually a "Metro" app?

This is actually a Modern UI App.

Hi There can I just pick up on this (apologies for the hijack!!). I just ordered my Pro from the US to the UK, am I going to have issues with the windows store until such time as they release it here in the uk?

Many thanks!

No, you can simply change the region in the Store and see all regions (there are threads on this).

This one is not a Modern UI App and is only available on the Pro or other Windows 8 machine (for any RT users who might come across this in the future).

Arizona Willie

i just installed that on my Surface Pro and it works.

It lets you change the scroll direction like YKinase wants to do.

However, it doesn't check the keys on the keyboard or the trackpad.
You can't push on the trackpad to click and see if it is responding.
Doesn't seem to be made to do that.
VERY VERY POOR APP.

It only lets you turn the Trackpad on / off

and

turn trackpad gestures on / off

and

turn scrolling on / off

or

flip the scrolling direction