What's new

Firmware Update 2 Dec

Niterider4

Tomorrow morning, I will be taking a paper copy of my notes into my lecture along with my Surface Book. A brand new $3,000 Microsoft computer, and I will be carrying a hard copy backup because I can't rely on it.

Telstar1948

I have to agree, stability really is king when it comes to tech devices. Techolust for those glitzy items that aren't stable is definitely form over substance...now that I've said that, I have to confess that I have a Surface Book as well (ahem...)

bangsters

Tomorrow morning, I will be taking a paper copy of my notes into my lecture along with my Surface Book. A brand new $3,000 Microsoft computer, and I will be carrying a hard copy backup because I can't rely on it.

Nice!! What model did you get? 512GB or 1TB? I thought 1TB not out yet (you mentioned 3k so figure it might be 1TB hehe) :)

swajames

Mine has been solid since this update. Haven't seen any more display issues so fingers crossed we may now be where we should be.

AndyWear

Mine has been solid since this update. Haven't seen any more display issues so fingers crossed we may now be where we should be.
If you have Photoshop, can you try turning on the Nvidia GPU and see if the pen still lags? I just updated mine, it didnt fix the problem yet. :(

swajames

If you have Photoshop, can you try turning on the Nvidia GPU and see if the pen still lags? I just updated mine, it didnt fix the problem yet. :(

Sorry to hear... I don't have Photoshop so can't help unfortunately. Hopefully your issues will be addressed soon.

SurfaceDepth

Was getting a lot of display driver crashes prior. Updated my SB i7/16/512 with the new DD and OS update, no BSOD or freezes. Just installed the update, restarted the system and it came back fine. No display driver crashes since, and now the new Surface Dock is working great with both of my 24" 2415 Dell displays. I don't eject the screen much, but I will be doing more of that moving forwad. For now, it works awesome.

cmatvchuk

I have updated my personal SB i7/16/512 and I have not received any driver crashes all day. I didn't get many before, usually using Edge. Touchpad seems smoother as well.

SurfaceDepth

I have updated my personal SB i7/16/512 and I have not received any driver crashes all day. I didn't get many before, usually using Edge. Touchpad seems smoother as well.

Most of my previous DD crashes were in Edge as well. But man I do love that browser. Can't wait for them to start supporting plugins early next year.

mtmowl

I updated my SB i5/8/256 a few days ago and now I'm getting screen lockups upon wakeup. This issue had disappeared with the previous update, but resumed with the most recent one.

Also, whenever I undock the tablet and redock, I get a popup window of my SD drive, which needs to be closed. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Niterider4

I had an uneventful day with my SB today, which was welcome. Before the update, I only had one DD error, and it went away quickly. After the update, I have had only the one instance of the clipboard screen going black and flickering with the power button being held down.

The only issue I often have is when I detach the clipboard, the green "Detached" sign does not go away. This is fixed by reattaching and detaching again. Not a big deal.

But having the screen go black in the middle of giving a lecture and not being able to get it back IS a big deal.

I just got another Windows 10 update, but it must have been quite minor as it did not require a restart.