What's new

Firmware Update 5/19/15 Issues?

clemgrad85

Anyone having issues with the latest Firmware Update of 5/19/15 on their SP2? I see some folks with the SP3 are having issues, but I'm in the SP2 club. Before installing these firmware updates I always like to see if any issues are going on. Thanks in advance.

benjitek

For some reason when I had Windows 10 installed on my SP2 this update wouldn't install. There was no error, it just didn't 'see' the update using Windows Update. When I updated to version 10122, my SP2 didn't take to it well -- became possessed and required an exorcism back to 8.1

After the factory reset, and during several hundred Windows Updates, it grabbed the firmware update and I haven't had any issues. Supposedly improved Miracast, however, it seems just a fickle as ever.

Capture.PNG

GoodBytes

Works fine for me under Win 10.
It says that it failed to install, by when you try again, it soon after says to resart.
After that you are good

GoodBytes

That was said with an amazing sarcastic tone I detect.
If you are pissed that you have a problem, don't be pissed at me. I answered the OP question.
If you want to dig into the problem you face, we can do that. I am always happy to. No need to be frustrated at life.

benjitek

That was said with an amazing sarcastic tone I detect.
If you are pissed that you have a problem, don't be pissed at me. I answered the OP question.
If you want to dig into the problem you face, we can do that. I am always happy to. No need to be frustrated at life.
...? Sensitive much? lol

When an online update didn't work, even with a reboot, I ran the update from a microSD card. Seemed to work, but I could no longer login with a PIN -- just my MS account password. Then, the Start Menu stopped working. It's beta, stuff happens.

I did a system reset, thinking I'd get a clean install of W10, I was wrong -- I got a clean install of W8.1. I'm fine with that -- I have W10 on an old Asus laptop, which took 10122 fine. Thanks though ;-)