What's new

Firmware update coming out tomorrow

mennogreg

Good news! Just got off the phone with an MS representative. The update is on its way. It's coming after the holidays.

:p

Take your time, guys. As long as I get my daily Defender and keyboard dictionary updates, I'm a happy camper.

MickeyLittle

Good news! Just got off the phone with an MS representative. The update is on its way. It's coming after the holidays.

Take your time, guys. As long as I get my daily Defender and keyboard dictionary updates, I'm a happy camper.

I've got an uncle Guido in Jersy who'll break your knee caps for less than a $20 :big smile:

jrapdx

Yeah? Which holidays, what year? And the Defender downloads, kinda reminds me. Something about a good defense being the best offense, yes, a sports metaphor. But hey, SP2 firmware updates are a kind of a crap shoot; we should start a pool: when is it going to show up? Will it fix stuff or screw it up? Vegas would love it, place your bets now.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen. Even if it mystically appears tomorrow, I'd be leery of it since I'm going on an important trip in about a week. Imprudent to risk installing potentially Evil Firmware just before such a sojourn. Somebody some brave and admirable souls will try it out. And let the rest of us shall give forth a cheer of gratitude; we'll be eager to learn how much falls in the realms of the good, bad or plain ugly.

I'll have a lot more to say about the SP2 after a chance to burn it in, do some heavy load, stress-test sort of thing with it. (Talking about the "bonus" 4300u equipped device, as the jury is still out regarding it.)

Should be interesting, one way or the other.

Knuck111

Just got off the phone with a Microsoft rep. Firmware update definitely coming out tomorrow. Little sceptical though. It was a pre-recorded message.

jrapdx

Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's only a day away... Tomorrow will never get any closer than that. :)

You are correct. Reminds me of the lines:

"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time..."

William Shakespeare, "Macbeth"

Of course, "tomorrow" wasn't an official MS announcement, rather just a rumor. There will be more coming along soon...

OP
macmee

macmee

You are correct. Reminds me of the lines:

"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time..."

William Shakespeare, "Macbeth"

Of course, "tomorrow" wasn't an official MS announcement, rather just a rumor. There will be more coming along soon...

Yeah software companies and deadlines don't go together.