What's new

Firmware Update: June 2014

benjitek

I'm not having the greatest luck after finally receiving the June firmware update. Some of it has to do with the mouse, and the other is a new error upon every cold boot.

Mouse
I have a Logitech wireless mouse with a Unifying Receiver plugged into the USB port. Prior to the firmware update, it just worked. Now, the mouse pointer will start vibrating back and forth, kind of hard to describe -- but sort of like insect wings buzzing. If I move my finger on my TypeCover II touchpad, it subsides -- but only temporarily. Also, on Flash-based sites -- certain on-screen buttons at times become 'unclickable'. MSN Gaming Zone is where I've noticed it most, ie: playing Hearts, I can click the cards to pass, but I can't click the 'Pass' button once the cards are selected. Sometimes when this happens, I can 'touch' the unclickable button to get it to work, other times even touch doesn't register. When this happens, I can move the mouse pointer, but I can't click the affected button with the TypeCover II keyboard touchpad or my wireless mouse clicker. Overall, it adds a layer of frustration that I haven't run into before.

Boot Error
I get this every time I do a full restart, or power up from being completely powered down. I don't get it when my SP2 wakes from Sleep or Hibernate:

Capture.PNGSo far, I'm not liking this update :shocked:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.9 KB · Views: 782
Last edited:

EMINENT

I'm not having the greatest luck after finally receiving the June firmware update. Some of it has to do with the mouse, and the other is a new error upon every cold boot.

Mouse
I have a Logitech wireless mouse with a Unifying Receiver plugged into the USB port. Prior to the firmware update, it just worked. Now, the mouse pointer will start vibrating back and forth, kind of hard to describe -- but sort of like insect wings buzzing. If I move my finger on my TypeCover II touchpad, it subsides -- but only temporarily. Also, on Flash-based sites -- certain on-screen buttons at times become 'unclickable'. MSN Gaming Zone is where I've noticed it most, ie: playing Hearts, I can click the cards to pass, but I can't click the 'Pass' button once the cards are selected. Sometimes when this happens, I can 'touch' the unclickable button to get it to work, other times even touch doesn't register. When this happens, I can move the mouse pointer, but I can't click the affected button with the TypeCover II keyboard touchpad or my wireless mouse clicker. Overall, it adds a layer of frustration that I haven't run into before.

Boot Error
I get this every time I do a full restart, or power up from being completely powered down. I don't get it when my SP2 wakes from Sleep or Hibernate:

View attachment 2165So far, I'm not liking this update :shocked:

Do a refresh.