What's new

Firmware Update on 5/19/15

PCAnyWhere

Confirmed and downloading it now

• Surface Pro 3 UEFI update (v3.11.850.0) includes changes needed for compatibility with the updated graphics driver.
  • HD Graphics Family driver update (v10.18.14.4170) improves graphics performance and includes better Miracast (wireless display) support.
  • Display Audio driver update (v6.16.00.3172) improves audio experience and supports compatibility with the updated graphics driver.

ScottyS

Just installed the 5/19/15 firmware update and had 9 other updates follow.
Still the Display Audio driver update did not fix my audio, I still don't get audio out via the mDP to my monitor.

Randy31416

Anyone notice a brief flash during bootup?
Yes, I get two full-screen flashes, mid-intensity grey, one at the start of boot (more or less) and one just before the desktop and the user logon screen is shown. Microsoft had done such a nice job before -- deep black, no flash, good looking. Shame their testing now lets this through.

CylonRaider

When I try to install this using any windows update method, it downloads, preps, installs, then reboots. And, then doesn't update to the new firmware. Doesn't show as a failure in the history either. When I run the update again, it tells me I have the May firmware update to be installed again. Anyone else have this issue?

MikadoWu

When I try to install this using any windows update method, it downloads, preps, installs, then reboots. And, then doesn't update to the new firmware. Doesn't show as a failure in the history either. When I run the update again, it tells me I have the May firmware update to be installed again. Anyone else have this issue?
I am having the exact same issues. Have not yet figured it out.