What's new

Firmware Update

JB474

I agree that the time indicator is worthless. But that also applies for the firmware. After installing I'm back to the repeated and always marvelous BSOD. It just does not stop and everything was installed correctly (and with the latest Intell driver). I love the equipment but for $2300 we could expect something better from Redmond. Maybe it will still come ....someday. :)

gtmead09

My feedback is that everything seemed to apply correctly. I still have the screen being black coming out of sleep. Also Battery life has seem to go in the crapper, seems like I am burning battery a lot quicker.

EMINENT

The black screen issue is still happening out of sleep and something I noticed that started happening with W10 Insider builds.

To this day, still happens on occasion randomly. This is probably only being noticed by those with lock screen background which mine are scraped from a local folder, where it shouldn't be a network issue. Also, noticed the screen doesn't sleep at the time set in settings. Curious as to what exactly the team is doing as the black screen is one of the oldest bugs around.

MisterEdF

Glad to hear it.

Mine had a few issues to start with but after restoring with usb image and updating to the latest Intel HD driver it has been fantastic and now has none of the issues it had before.

Hi ... can you point me to the drivers you are referring to? For WIN10 I assume. I have the i5 SP4. Thank You.

bonzer2u

Yah, ever since 12/23.

There certainly not perfect but significantly better than the 'beta' 4326 driver that MS is still pushing out....

gtmead09

Yah, ever since 12/23.

There certainly not perfect but significantly better than the 'beta' 4326 driver that MS is still pushing out....
Did you have to do any tricks to install them? I keep getting these are not compatible with me system when I try to update via Device Manager / Graphics Adapter.