What's new

Firmware updates slowly being rolled out???

khangozzy

So I had a similar experience - after taking the SD card out, the update finished succesfully. Then I installed the new Nov 9th drivers and then the WU found the 7/23/15 hardware update and installed it...
Khangozzy - how do you know it downgraded only the Surface Touch Controller Firmware? Did you check the versions of all the drivers? (still.. it's not very good thing to have older drivers there :) )
Less battery drain - that's great news! I was not able to see it yet, but hopefully I will.

Btw. Did you notice that the Nov 9th zip file is much bigger than the msi file? Any idea why is it like that? (e.g. zip file contains all drivers, but the msi files only new ones?)

One more thing: after the upgrades I noticed that hibernation is available (powercfg /a; and also when changing the powerplans) - it was not listed (possible to select) before the upgrade - does it mean the upgrade turned the HyperV on? (other option is the S0 state - is it the connected standby/InstantGo state?)
Sorry, my mistake. When I check the Touch driver and saw it date is 27/02/15 and thoght that downgraded. When rechecked the Nov. fw pack I found that it is lastest fw.

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

I too noticed an increase in battery life, but thought that, like the speed increase, it was just the placebo effect. Good to see others are witnessing the same thing with battery life anyway. I have yet to be pushed the Nov update. Still on 7/23 at the moment.

khangozzy

I too noticed an increase in battery life, but thought that, like the speed increase, it was just the placebo effect. Good to see others are witnessing the same thing with battery life anyway. I have yet to be pushed the Nov update. Still on 7/23 at the moment.

While on 27/07 fw i had wifi drop issue and have to use old wifi driver (SP3 01/2015). The Nov. update seems to fix that issue.

mogulman

I installed the latest firmware manually. I also have the Win 10 cumulative update. Now every time I run Windows update, it tries to install 7/23/15 hardware update, and fails. hmmm

This went away for me after I did a few updates...btw... everything seems to be working fine now. Mail app is much improved for syncing. Also, connectivity after coming out of hibernate seems better.

khangozzy

Idk why, but wifi drop issue stopped after several power off and on, as I always shutdown my S3 while not using it for long time.
Now im on wifi driver version .151