What's new

Firmware updates slowly being rolled out???

Turbo4AWD

Earlier today I checked Windows update and got Firmware 7/23/15. I checked the Microsoft webpage and saw there's a 9/29/15 firmware update that is the latest. No matter how often I try to get the update through Windows Update, it doesn't show up. The site says its a graphics driver update too! Is Microsoft just slowly rolling firmware updates to Surface 3 or something??

leeshor

Some individual updates that may have been released on fast ring only do become available on some sites. Just because an update appears available doesn't mean every system will get it at the same time.

narse77

I have not seen firmware updates as a part of the Win 10 Previews on slow or fast ring, only Win 10 builds. They seem to come out for all devices around the same times. From what I have seen from MS bulletins on the November S3 firmware update is that it is out but not being delivered via WU yet. As an example this firmware package is also avalible in WIn 8.1 flavor, and yes I am aware these firmware updates often if not always include driver updates.

leeshor

If you are in the Insider Program the updates, most of them, are like a reinstall of the OS. Everything, drivers, firmware and all, are wrapped into one update.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Earlier today I checked Windows update and got Firmware 7/23/15. I checked the Microsoft webpage and saw there's a 9/29/15 firmware update that is the latest. No matter how often I try to get the update through Windows Update, it doesn't show up. The site says its a graphics driver update too! Is Microsoft just slowly rolling firmware updates to Surface 3 or something??
Something is afoot, out of the blue I got the June 23 firmware as an update ... deja vu all over again. :). Someone was probably in the kitchen touching stuff.

After Tuesdays update I suddenly have new Wifi problems on both my S3 and SP3 ... coincidence?

DALEcz

GreyFox7 - from June? Yea, that's strange - I checked and I also have the firmware update from 7/23/15

Did anyone tried the new firmware narse77 posted (from Nov 10)? I will try it as soon as I have some time. I hope it will resolve the battery drain issue during sleep for me (in my case it is mainly the wifi card and probably microSD reader :X ) and better driver for wifi adapter would be also nice...

khangozzy

GreyFox7 - from June? Yea, that's strange - I checked and I also have the firmware update from 7/23/15

Did anyone tried the new firmware narse77 posted (from Nov 10)? I will try it as soon as I have some time. I hope it will resolve the battery drain issue during sleep for me (in my case it is mainly the wifi card and probably microSD reader :X ) and better driver for wifi adapter would be also nice...

New 10 Nov. fw update seems to fixed the wifi drop issue for my S3. Sleep battery drain is the same as old fw.

HeavyHanded

Something is afoot, out of the blue I got the June 23 firmware as an update ... deja vu all over again. :). Someone was probably in the kitchen touching stuff.

After Tuesdays update I suddenly have new Wifi problems on both my S3 and SP3 ... coincidence?

I put my old Windows 8.1 S3 WiFi driver back a week or so ago and things were working much better, then on Thursday I got a 9/18/2015 Firmware Update (I have the S3 LTE Model) and like I'm back to a Win 10 driver that gives me "limited" WiFi connection again! Sigh...

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

Just last night Windows Update said it needed to install updates. When I checked it was tone 7/23 update again.....I already had that update installed, yet it installs again and asks me to reboot my device. So weird.