What's new

First Bug I've found: Notification sound corrunption when screen is off

orkadork

I've been playing around with the surface now for a bit and I've noticed that when the screen goes off and notifications come in the sound from the speaker sounds "rough". Not staticy per se, but definately not clear like when the screen is on. Anyone else seeing/hearing the same?

mligor

I've been playing around with the surface now for a bit and I've noticed that when the screen goes off and notifications come in the sound from the speaker sounds "rough". Not staticy per se, but definately not clear like when the screen is on. Anyone else seeing/hearing the same?

Unfortunately yes. I have the same issue on my surface - I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue, but Microsoft should do something about it.

GSOgymrat

I didn't realize it was notifications that was making it do that. I wonder if it still does it if you set the screen to not go off.

surfacer

Yes, I encountered this as well in addition to the random sound muting issue. I did a Refresh to Factory Settings on the Surface but the issue still remains.

aggierunner

I have the same issue when the screen is off. It only affects music played by xbox music app; other apps like iheartradio continue to play fine.