What's new

First hour with Surface Pro: It turned off alone and now It doesn't turn on!

TeknoBlast

I had this happen to me when I had the RT model. I freaked out because I think it was after the warranty period and I didn't purchase the extended plan. Anyways, all I did was hold down the power button for a few seconds, while unplugged. After several minutes, I plugged the power back and held the power button for a few seconds longer than usual.

After that process, the Surface powered back on like normal and never had the issue again.

tonyz3

Yikes. Glad it worked out. I know you have been waiting for your SP. Just out of curiosity have you rechecked to see if any additional updates are ready. Some took a few tries before showing up. Check both in metro and thru the desktop updater.

Krooked

Yeah, it's a bug. I had the same scare during my first week.

Sleep seems to get confused, and when it does, it can be frustrating. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Lolvo

That's great, glad you got it fixed. Let's hope for no more kinks with your new SP!

dlacaba

This used to happen to me a lot (2-3X per day). After doing a refresh, it rarely happens. Maybe once every other week, it's usually just asleep and holding down the power button will turn it on or in some cases, completely off, then I just press it again to turn it on.