What's new

First problem encountered

pcreyn319

Picked up my SP4 i5 256GB today. Everything is great. Except one issue. When scrolling webpages in Edge, the screen changes from a "warm" tint to a "cool" tint randomly. Anyone else have this happen?

Hard to see in the video below, but it is annoying.

MartyB

Yes, this has happened to me as well. A very brief flash of blue haze. Actually, if I go to a really lengthy facebook page and furiously scroll up and down, there will be some other effects as well (screen blanking and shake). I have a little video of it. On this very page here, it happens when the Adobe ad shows up on the right side of the screen, which makes me think it's a bug rather than a defect.

OP
P

pcreyn319

Yes, this has happened to me as well. A very brief flash of blue haze. Actually, if I go to a really lengthy facebook page and furiously scroll up and down, there will be some other effects as well (screen blanking and shake). I have a little video of it. On this very page here, it happens when the Adobe ad shows up on the right side of the screen, which makes me think it's a bug rather than a defect.

Mine seems to have resolved after turning auto brightness off...strange.

EMINENT

I just noticed this a minute ago. Now I have seen it come and go. And, now I can't replicate it.

Strange. I remember when I got my Surface 2, I had a similar scrolling thing on the start screen where the tiles would get brighter and dim as I scrolled. It eventually got fixed.

Someone needs to fix these drivers.

I've posted a topic on MS's website about the issue if you'd like to add to it here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-4f7e-4bdf-9313-02e87e12e386?tm=1445925031949

Last edited:

MartyB

I had this issue yesterday. Machine is fully updated. The problem was entirely reproducible: anytime a video or animated gif scrolled into view, I would get the issue with the changing hue of the screen. If I scrolled over them fast enough, I would also get screen shake and blanking. Then it went away: no idea why. It wasn't the auto-brightness, because I didn't touch it.

All was well. Until about an hour ago. The problem suddenly came back. Had made no changes at all to the machine. Exact same issue: a video or gif scrolls into view, and screen hue changes. Do it fast, screen shake and blanking.

What's more: I've now had a few instances where the screen blanks for no reason at all, outside of Edge. It's happened on the log-in screen, on an empty desktop. Those I cannot reproduce, and they worry me much more. I still think this is some sort of driver problem, but it concerns me since it went away and then came back.

I've got the same problem. Every time the screen blanks, though, it says my video card has stopped working. Same thing happens in other browsers and in offline video playback.