What's new

First reviews are in...

sillyrabbitt123

Oh and the "disappearing trackpad" bug is STILL there. Come on Microsoft. I am guessing all the WiFi adapter problems are there still too.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

meaning what the track pad stops working and you have to pull it off and on to get it to work again?

hypokondriak

meaning what the track pad stops working and you have to pull it off and on to get it to work again?

This happens to me at least once a day. The keyboard is still ok so sometimes I can jsut hit the start button to go to modern ui, and then start-d to go back to desktop to get my trackpad back. Sometimes this doesn't work and then I have to disconnect keyboard, go to modern ui, reconnect keyboard, move cursor, then back to desktop. The bug lasting around this long is stupid, and letting it leak into the next version ticks me off.

sillyrabbitt123

This happens to me at least once a day. The keyboard is still ok so sometimes I can jsut hit the start button to go to modern ui, and then start-d to go back to desktop to get my trackpad back. Sometimes this doesn't work and then I have to disconnect keyboard, go to modern ui, reconnect keyboard, move cursor, then back to desktop. The bug lasting around this long is stupid, and letting it leak into the next version ticks me off.

disappointed to hear this. i figured they would fix from SP1. Maybe with the power cover they will? thanks.

demandarin

Well Ana dtech said he notified MS about it and they said they working on a fix to be released in an update. Hopefully this occurs sooner than later.

CrippsCorner

I think the reviews are pretty fair for the SP2. Microsoft doesn't help itself by creating a high dollar product (SP2) but having more superior components (i.e. camera's) on the S2. That deserves a knock. Obviously they are trying to pawn off old hardware on the consumer because of their business mistake assessing initial demand.

Also, as Anandtech mentioned (I believe it was them) Microsoft isn't getting the battery life out of the same Haskell stuff as other vendors, and what they were told is Microsoft didn't work closely with Intel. If this is true that stinks because they are asking a premium for this they should be giving it premium effort.

Most of the concerns addressed with the SP2 were largely them sitting on their hands and letting Intel do their jobs. A little lazy if you ask me. Yes I'm still buying a SP2, but this was largely a lazy iterative release SP2. I get this, but it gets the product to a more usable state for me so they are suckering me in for a buy. I hate the battery life of the SP1 so much have no choice.

I haven't really read any of the S2 reviews because I'm not as concerned about that.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

It's a shame that Microsoft and Intel don't have the best relationship anymore, they used to be rock solid!

If it's only the battery life you want to improve, maybe you could wait for the Power Cover?

ctitanic

Overall, almost 80% of all reviews I have read are positive. Comparing that to a whole year of bad reviews and press about the Surface RT, we have gained a lot.

oion

Overall, almost 80% of all reviews I have read are positive. Comparing that to a whole year of bad reviews and press about the Surface RT, we have gained a lot.

So if we go by reality, then the 4/5 star Surface RT and 4.5/5 star Surface Pro 1 user reviews will be even higher this time around, as the first gen aggregate user reviews consistently shot down the official ones. :p