What's new

Fix my Surface screen that turned upside-down

Hi, people.
Just now, when I put a HDMI cable and I connected the cover keyboard my screen turned upside-down when I use the extended mode of monitor projection.
If I use the clone-screen mode it is able to arrange the correct position. If I turn off the projection or unplug the HDMI cable the Surface is able to to be right, too. Only in extended screen mode it turn the screen of Surface upside-down, but the other monitor stay in the correct position.

I used this device several times. It is usual this use every day. But today the cover keyboard was not working, and I moved the Surface with the cable connected and unplug and plug again the cover to fix its function... then the screen frozen in the upside-dowm position.

What can I do to turn it to correct position?

kundas1

don't know why your screen is turning upside down, it never does that on my S2, maybe something is wrong with your accelerometer?

OP
R

Ricardo Ildefonso

don't know why your screen is turning upside down, it never does that on my S2, maybe something is wrong with your accelerometer?
Hi...
I already ran a little program to test the accelerometer, but the values that are read with the HDMI cable plugged are the same without the cable. And there is the way this issue started: just while I unplugged and plugged the keyboard cover.

Please, realise that the screen clone-mode don't show any problem and this is the true for the device without any other screen. This mean that the hardware is working fine. I believe that when I moved the Surface I put it in a position that it interpreted like upside-down. Then, the HDMI cable disconnected for a little moment. When I replugged (does this word exist?) both the HDMI and keyboard cover the problem started.

This device belongs to me sinse 2013. I never had any other problem and now I don't see any reason for the problem have begun. The Surface not fell or did not receive any hited.

Last edited: