What's new

FLIPBOARD for Windows 8.1 finally released!

rtibbitts

I see Flipboard in the online version accessed via my browser (as opposed to the Windows Store accessed directly through my Surface) but the link is not clickable. Has anyone been able to download and install Flipboard? When I search for Flipboard through the windows store it doesn't show the application.

T-Bob

Yes

The link I posted takes you to the Flipboard page. Then click the Windows Store Icon and it is there. I have it installed and it works well.

Link is https://flipboard.com/

I see Flipboard in the online version accessed via my browser (as opposed to the Windows Store accessed directly through my Surface) but the link is not clickable. Has anyone been able to download and install Flipboard? When I search for Flipboard through the windows store it doesn't show the application.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

It is in the Store now.

mtalinm

This is cool. I used to work with the founder, and he is a real Apple guy. Surprised they deigned to do this, but excited.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Some of the images they use are of very poor quality. Also they are using the horrible Modern UI font rendering engine which makes fonts look jaggy even on my 3200 x 1800 screen.

mtalinm

The app is beautiful but it's kinda weird to "flip" side to side instead of just sliding like the rest of win8. Not sure whether I like it

ARosch

I just downloaded the app, and I must say that I don't like it all. For me, Pulse works way better. Pulse is much more user friendly and just seems like an overall better app.

Ruffles

I loved this app when I used an iPad but I'm just not feeling it on my Surface Pro 2. The touch input seems really flaky and many times it takes several tries to flip a page. I can't figure out how to reorder the categories on the main page and when I'm running under power savor profile, I sometimes notice a little stutter with page animations.

I want to love it but so far, I'm not finding any reason to use it over other apps like the basic MS New app, News 360, or News Bento.