What's new

Flipboard

f4f

I started using Flipboard after reading this thread. The headlines that popped up today were great but I understand exactly how you feel Wayne. It's not so bad on my phone but lacks some of the appeal on my Surface. Bento has molded to my interest much easier and quicker. However, I'm going to continue using Flipboard for a little while longer to see how well my phone and Surface sync up. I also installed it on my desktop-- we'll see how that goes, LOL. I'm still looking for a news app that allows me to share articles with individual people. I'm not sure if I'm going to find the feature I'm looking for in a news app or if it's going to take another utility all together (ie Whatsapp, Line, or what ever).

TheJokker

Flipboard is exclusively left-wing. I normally seek out both sides of an issue. News Bento and Bing news lets you add news from a broad range sources. In comparison Flipboard delivers propaganda; Bento and Bing allow you to form your own opinion.

Wayne Orwig

Flipboard is exclusively left-wing. I normally seek out both sides of an issue. News Bento and Bing news lets you add news from a broad range sources. In comparison Flipboard delivers propaganda; Bento and Bing allow you to form your own opinion.

No, Flipboard allows you to add any news source you want too. The interface to modify news sources is a bit odd to work through though. I added a local newspaper even.

Trust me, I look to find the most neutral news sources that I can. I avoid the 'hate/propaganda' people. And they get worse every year.

CrippsCorner

Just make sure you avoid these guys!

cropped-dailyfail1.jpg

bulls96

This app keeps logging be out everytime I go back to it I have to put in my facebook credentials. Anyone else with this problem?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This app keeps logging be out everytime I go back to it I have to put in my facebook credentials. Anyone else with this problem?

I believe this happens when there is a Point Update to the App, I've seen the same thing BTW.

OppfinnarJocke

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread...

I love Flipboard... on Android. On my SP3 running W10 the text size is too small. My old eyes need larger text. Does anyone know if this has been added to the Clipboard app, or if it is possible in W10 to set the text size for apps individually?

leeshor

That would need to be controlled by the apps unless you generally changed it for Windows.

OppfinnarJocke

That would need to be controlled by the apps unless you generally changed it for Windows.

I already have the "size of text, apps and other items" set to 200% . Still, the Flipboard text is too small. It seems that the Flipboard app does not caner about those 200%. So this has not been added to the Flipboard app, then. Thanks.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread...

I love Flipboard... on Android. On my SP3 running W10 the text size is too small. My old eyes need larger text. Does anyone know if this has been added to the Clipboard app, or if it is possible in W10 to set the text size for apps individually?
Yup that's the reason I don't use it on my Surface 3.

Turbo4AWD

Well, I have found that the 2019 version of Flipboard has large enough text to read on each tile preview, but just happens to have stability issues from time to time. It will either crash, or stop responding to touch when flipping pages towards the end of the article list in the category. However, if you tap the shortcuts and go back several pages, it will flip forward again, until you reach the end again.