What's new

Flixster desktop app,. stutters on playing

MrMrMr

I've got Flixster desktop player. This allows you to download videos (and stream) you've got from ultraviolet codes etc.

I've downloaded a few, in SD but they are suttering on playback.

I've got other videos, iTunes etc and they are playing fine.

Also every time I open Flixster desktop app it says my display is 150% and could cause problems?

If I stream them they seem to be better though, how can that be? It's a class 10 microSD so should be fast enough, and as I say other video and iTunes video stored on it play fine

Thanks

leeshor

It's probably the way they were formatted. The codec that was used for those downloaded files. If you have a video converter program you may want to run them through it.

OP
M

MrMrMr

It's probably the way they were formatted. The codec that was used for those downloaded files. If you have a video converter program you may want to run them through it.

Ah ok, didn't know I could, thought they were DRM or whatever with the flixster app

OP
M

MrMrMr

If they re DRM protected that could prevent you from do9ing any conversion,

Not sure if they are, presume they are, I can see them in the folder, but they aren't called the name of the actual film.

What about if I install another codec or something? They have to be played through the flixster app though

leeshor

So, you don't know what the extension is either? If it has a really long nonsense name it's probably encoded for DRM and would only be able to be played with the Flixter app, You could try installing VLC player to see if it works.

OP
M

MrMrMr

So, you don't know what the extension is either? If it has a really long nonsense name it's probably encoded for DRM and would only be able to be played with the Flixter app, You could try installing VLC player to see if it works.

Yes it's a nonsense file name and the extension is a . (dot).

Tried a few and it's only these videos that are stuttering, other videos are fine

leeshor

Are those large files? If so then you have a Flixter issue for sure. You may want to ping them to see if they have a suggestion.

It could also be that your Surface 2 just can't handle it but I don't think that's the issue.

OP
M

MrMrMr

Are those large files? If so then you have a Flixter issue for sure. You may want to ping them to see if they have a suggestion.

It could also be that your Surface 2 just can't handle it but I don't think that's the issue.

They are huge files yes, looks like actual video files yes.

It's a surface 3, base model. I've emailed them as well thanks. Disappointed though as other video files work

OP
M

MrMrMr

Tried copying to the internal drive but the same.

Support said to log out/in but same, restarted etc so must be the way as said above its encoded.

Anyone else try for me please?
Thanks

OP
M

MrMrMr

Has anyone found a solution to this issue. I have the same issue with the new surface pro

Not sure tbh ok gave up, haven't tried since. There is also WB Movies all access now on, iOS anyway, see if that works as can link UV to that now as well.