What's new

For web browsing in portrait, nothing beats 3:2.

ctitanic

well when your used to other browsers taking a second, which is why I use the desktop IE11 then 5 seconds is alot! lol maybe YOU don't mind but others do... and I'm getting older, not younger and don't want to wait when I got other stuff to see! LOL
I guess that I got used to 56kb modems so everything seems now super fast.;)

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Nothing wrong with liking MUI IE. People like what they like. I only mentioned the new Chrome because most folks had written it off and might not be aware of that attractive new feature. :)

~X.T.~

Thanks for bringing it up! I've found that Chrome's always been a serious resource burner on my previous system (15-inch i7 laptop now relegated to dorm room duty).

Nevertheless, will give it a try. (=

bluegrass

I was going to check out my MUI IE to see if it lagged on sliding back & forth but I find that the only IE I have is the desktop IE. How do I get the MUI IE back. When I view the apps, I only see one IE.

Very weird. If I do a search for IE on the start menu the desktop IE comes up but if I sign out or shutdown and log back in and do the same thing MUI IE comes up. When I close it and do the same thing again the desktop IE comes up until I shutdown or sign out and log back in.

Last edited:

Telstar1948

I was going to check out my MUI IE to see if it lagged on sliding back & forth but I find that the only IE I have is the desktop IE. How do I get the MUI IE back. When I view the apps, I only see one IE.

Do you have IE in desktop settings as your default browser? If so, then MUI IE should show up again.

bluegrass

These steps made the IE tile on the Start screen open up the MUI IE instead of the desktop IE.
Step 1: Open up Internet Explorer desktop version from the desktop. If you can’t see the desktop version as well, check out our how to pin Internet Explorer desktop version to Taskbar and Start screen guide.
Step 2: Navigate to Tools (Alt +T hotkey), Internet Options, and then switch to Programs tab.
Step 3: Here, under Opening Internet Explorer, uncheck Open Internet Explorer tiles on the desktop option. Click Apply button.
Clicking on the Internet Explorer tile on the Start screen should now open Metro UI version of Internet Explorer.

After fixing the MUI IE problem I tried MUI IE to see if it was slow finger scrolling between Internet sites. I opened up 6 or 7 websites and when I swished my finger to slide between the sites they instantly displayed each site.

What am I not doing that I should do to show the slowness in choosing previously opened sites when I use my finger to move between open sites?

Last edited: