What's new

Found my perfect app setup for work

Ruffles

I take my Surface Pro with me to work. Not because I really need it but it's fun to have and I use it for taking notes and recording meetings. The rest of the day, it sits on my desk as I prefer my monster machine with multiple 24" monitors for coding.

I like to keep track of news via twitter as well as use it as a picture frame. I've found that MetroTwit snapped to 1/3 of the desktop and Picture Frame Slideshow on the other 2/3 is the perfect setup. I've got streaming news and an awesome slideshow all day long.

kristalsoldier

Nice! I, on the other hand, use my Surface RT for work. When I am not at home, the Surface and the Nexus 10 accompany me everywhere. I use the Surface to be connected and to work on Office documents where I spend most of my time. The Nexus 10 serves as a device on which I read my reference materials and watch media stuff when required. I have disconnected myself from most social networks so that is one less set of apps that I need to think about!!!!

Edit: The only app that I am missing is a full-featured PDF app. On the Nexus I have two paid apps - EzPDF and Mantano and both work very well - though I don't use any annotation functions. But for reading they are excellent. On the RT, I would like an app that allows annotation. The stock PDF app is horrible as is Acrobat Touch (in my opinion, of course).

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
I like the use of the split screen in that situation. Maybe I can make a case to replace all the digital picture frames I have with Surfaces.

Omni

I like the use of the split screen in that situation. Maybe I can make a case to replace all the digital picture frames I have with Surfaces.

Haha that's a great idea. Have one on very window sill and table in the house!