What's new

FreedomCase - many multiple angles, while slim & protective,

PastorShaw

FreedomCase | The freedom to use your Surface anywhere.

This slim case has multiple angles for the stand, covers more sides, stays closed, is highly customizable. It even can protect my Type Cover when flipped back, something most covers can't do.

The kickstarter starts sometime soon, early Feb the site says. I hope to have it in April. I've signed up to be notified. :)

[video=vimeo;85510314]http://vimeo.com/85510314[/video]

revmike

This was originally the kickstarter case. They had to change the name due legal issues. They also need investors to pony up $40,000 before it goes into production.

OP
P

PastorShaw

This was originally the kickstarter case. They had to change the name due legal issues. They also need investors to pony up $40,000 before it goes into production.

RevMike, Today was the first I've heard of it because I was looking into the value of upgrading to a SP2. I read that their original name is "Smart Surface Case". I hope they have enough people.

Seems good, so long as its not crazy expensive.

Daniielrp, Their site says they start at $39. I supposed it'll be awhile until we know how much the PU Leather (I can't remember exactly, what's it called?) or the photo print will cost.

I found two quotes that might interest you. :)
"Which gift you receive depends on how much you pledge."
"Thanks for your support! We will be offering early bird pricing from $39-$49, with a retail price of $59."

OP
P

PastorShaw

Kickstarter is official!

I put my pledge in, for the PU Leather version, with the early bird special! First 100 backers in less than an hour too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chrisleung/freedomcase-adjustable-stand-and-case-for-microsof

Spread the word, I hope it gets fully funded so I get my case in soon. Microsoft should make this an official thing and sell in their stores.

Now with multiple angles, I have more reason to withhold purchasing the Surface Pro 2. This has even more angles, while keeping it cool and low-profile. The PU Leather looks attractive, grippy, and professional.

7d1849c8c9483227158af556cfc5ce29_large.png

At 10 ounces, and only 3mm, it's slim and small. You can adjust with one hand. It works with the case on or off. I'm too pumped for an accessory. hehe

XxESKIMOxX

I just helped them kick start with the pu leather case too. But I was also debating on their regular case but I just got the pu leather instead.

surfdock

Very nice to see quality innovative accessories coming to market for the Surface lineup. One day in and the kickstarter is already fully funded. Impressive!
I bet the MS Surface team is paying close attention to this one.