What's new

Freeze after lightuse

OP
T

tatornator12

just finished installing all updates. Rebooted a couple times but no hang ups or BSOD. Everything working great. I have installed Office365, Visio365, VMWare Workstation 11. Now installing Steam as, being a gamer, I have to see how it will run games. I have a 3 day road trip this week and I want to be ready to game.

Do you have an i5 or i7? I'm seeing most of the issues on i7 units. Also it just froze again....if Microsoft doesn't address this issue soon, I'm really considering returning the SB. They are this close to losing me as a potential customer.

fonzman78

I have an i7/256/8. I've used it all day today for email (Outlook), some Visio, and OneNote. Not quite used to the new pen yet. Steam is installing Fallout New Vegas. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can play it.

OP
T

tatornator12

My buddy got the same exact model as me and he has encountered no issues so far. I wonder if it's a hardware issue now on a substantial amount of units that were shipped out.

EMINENT

I read another poster where it's related to the dock. Some weird things going on. My SP4 is doing good, but I'm also not trying to dock it either.

OP
T

tatornator12

After spending 2+ hours with one tech last night and another hour with another tech this morning, it finally came to the conclusion that I need to replace my unit. It'll take 2-3 weeks, so I've decided on a refund for now. I'm highly disappointed in Microsoft. I want to like the Surface Book, but I just can't right now. I guess I'll wait till the next iteration or so. I guess it's back to my MacBook for now.

SeanP

After spending 2+ hours with one tech last night and another hour with another tech this morning, it finally came to the conclusion that I need to replace my unit. It'll take 2-3 weeks, so I've decided on a refund for now. I'm highly disappointed in Microsoft. I want to like the Surface Book, but I just can't right now. I guess I'll wait till the next iteration or so. I guess it's back to my MacBook for now.

Were you on the phone or chatting with the tech online? I am going to need to do the same thing unless I get lucky and they will take mine back at a MS store.

OP
T

tatornator12

I did live chat and spoke on the phone. They said that if you bought the item on their website, you can't replace it at the store. That's why I decided on the refund.

OP
T

tatornator12

So I visited the Microsoft Store in my local mall today and they are going to replace my unit when new ones come in stock on Friday, even if I ordered it online. I'm going to set it up in store before leaving to make sure there are no issues. I will let you know how it goes.

EMINENT

So I visited the Microsoft Store in my local mall today and they are going to replace my unit when new ones come in stock on Friday, even if I ordered it online. I'm going to set it up in store before leaving to make sure there are no issues. I will let you know how it goes.

Good to hear. Having a store nearby is nice because they offer free support on any Windows device whether you purchased it from them or not. Something I didn't know until a couple months ago when I visited the store.

jiteshmode

I ran Autocad 2D drafting today for work. This POS shut down on me every 10-15 minutes. Very embarrassing meeting with many of my colleagues! Surface book I7 8gb = POS