What's new

Freezing, Black Screen, Generally a POS

Niterider4

I was hoping that the most recent October firmware updates might have fixed my SB issues, but alas no. Everything was working nicely for a couple of days. Then, this morning, after leaving the SB plugged in and on all night with the lid closed, I unplugged it and took it to class. When I opened the lid in class, the screen was black, prompting me to do a 30 second power button shutdown and reboot. Things worked fine for an hour and a half until, midway through my lecture, my SB froze completely and I had to give the class a break while I rebooted and reloaded the document from which I was lecturing.

This happens on Microsoft's flagship hardware, all updates installed, using Microsoft Windows 10, and running Microsoft Word. Nothing else running. Pathetic.

When it happens, I make sure all my students know I am using a Microsoft Surface Book and that it is, in my opinion, an expensive piece of garbage.

Wayne Orwig

Since the updates way back in February or whenever it was early this year, mine has been nearly perfect.
Sounds like you need to get it replaced.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Mine has been rock solid since I got it out of the box.... others in my office have had issues but not this one.

Migi

Wow, can you imagine those students. Now they think MS hardware is garbage and will never buy it.

OP
N

Niterider4

If Microsoft was concerned about its reputation, it would have put out a solid product in the first place. Microsoft deserves the reputation it gets for this product.