What's new

Fresh Paint 8.1 update?

bkammerer

I've read a couple of articles that stated that the Fresh Paint app was updated last Thursday for Win 8.1. There were supposed to be new brushes, a new UI, and a few other features. My question is, has anyone gotten the new version of Fresh Paint? I did get an update for the app, but no new features were added. Thanks for any info.

OP
B

bkammerer

Finally found it. Really nice upgrade. The watercolors are kind of neat, new brushes added, and seems to be more accurate in the way the different brush strokes are depicted. Also, the video app got a update today.

Endorsay

I was going to ask how they released a version for 8.1 when the 8.1 Store is not open yet... then I saw Fresh Paint is made by Microsoft Corp :p

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Windows 8.1 Store is beta just like the OS and developers have been able to code to 8.1 since June (earlier if the are a big dev house with direct MS Support). Anyone on the 8.1 Preview only get access to the 8.1 Store Beta...

Endorsay

The Windows 8.1 Store is beta just like the OS and developers have been able to code to 8.1 since June (earlier if the are a big dev house with direct MS Support). Anyone on the 8.1 Preview only get access to the 8.1 Store Beta...

Yes, you're right on all points. My point was most developers cannot submit 8.1 apps to the 8.1 Store yet, unless they are Microsoft Corp :p or a dev house that got early access.