What's new

Frustrating piece of...

OP
R

ronnyb29

The yoga 2 came with a stupid resolution of like 3200x1800 or something. It scaled down to 1920 and looked great on first try because it's a standard resolution and DPI scaling can deal with that. I will look at exchanging as it sounds like i may have a faulty touchscreen.

raqball

I will look at exchanging as it sounds like i may have a faulty touchscreen.

It can't hurt right? From the sound of your issues (some of them at least) you may have a faulty unit.

Give it a go! Maybe you will exchange it and learn the one you have now was faulty. Or maybe you exchange it and find out the SP3 is just not for you.

I'd at least try one exchange before waiving the white flag..

ctitanic

It can't hurt right? From the sound of your issues (some of them at least) you may have a faulty unit.

Give it a go! Maybe you will exchange it and learn the one you have now was faulty. Or maybe you exchange it and find out the SP3 is just not for you.

I'd at least try one exchange before waiving the white flag..
I disagree. The majority of his problems are either personal or issues created by the way he uses the device (like using Chrome). In another hand, he did not "find" one or two issues but a bunch. That tells me that he never felt in love with this device. Computer are like women, you have to feel the connection, you need to love them.

raqball

Computer are like women, you have to feel the connection, you need to love them.

I just asked Cortana if she loves me and here was her response..

wp_ss_20141122_0001.png

:p :( :p :(

Last edited:

Kif

I do agree Windows 8.1 handles high DPI screens poorly. Unfortunately it doesn't look like windows 10 is going to improve on it either.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Again with High DPI Screens as I've said over and over.... any code that uses XP GDI Scaling can't be fixed and needs to be re-written to use Vista Scaling (WPF) or they can use WinRT which also supports scaling even better than WPF.

ctitanic

I do agree Windows 8.1 handles high DPI screens poorly. Unfortunately it doesn't look like windows 10 is going to improve on it either.
Let me explains, it's not that Windows does not handle well the high DPI it's that software makers are not preparing their software to handle high DPI. That was the case with Chrome and Adobe.

ctitanic

Again with High DPI Screens as I've said over and over.... any code that uses XP GDI Scaling can't be fixed and needs to be re-written to use Vista Scaling (WPF) or they can use WinRT which also supports scaling even better than WPF.
Like I said, it's not Windows the only one to blame on this.

raqball

Let me explains, it's not that Windows does not handle well the high DPI it's that software makers are not preparing their software to handle high DPI. That was the case with Chrome and Adobe.

So let me ask you a question then..

An example of native Windows software that I have a problem reading on the desktop is the control panel. The font is tiny the check boxes are tiny and forget about even trying to select something with your finger. It's just impossible.

Can MS fix this with their native programs? Apparently so, so why have they not? I find using the desktop pretty much impossible due to the tiny font.