What's new

Funny and Clever Version Name for Windows 10

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I hope they can keep that cute number for awhile. Any major flaw, and we'll be off to 10.1 or even 11.

Otherwise, you know why we don't see these products, some of which were quite dangerous:

WD-39
Mad Dog 20/19
6Up
Ford Galaxy 499
1999 Flushes
Six Seas Salad Dressing
Alberto V-04
Formula 408
Heinz 56 Sauce
Grecian Formula 15
Windows 9

:p

tabletpro

Supporting Vendor
Yeah, I put Heinz 56 on a steak the other day, mistake my friend, total mistake. I was so upset at the flavor of the sauce which in my humble estimation was missing but one solitary ingredient that I angrily threw my plate on the floor. Thankfully I had some Formula 410 to clean it up (just released)

Russ

SharpColorado --

Just in the FYA Department (FYA=For Your Amusement), years ago, when I lived in San Diego, I knew the guy who was the CEO and one of the founders of the WD-40 company. It was the literal truth that it was their 40th formula that finally worked, and they decided to memorialize it by naming the product WD-40.

Unlike Edison, they found only 39 ways that didn't work.

Take care,
Russ

malberttoo

SharpColorado --

Just in the FYA Department (FYA=For Your Amusement), years ago, when I lived in San Diego, I knew the guy who was the CEO and one of the founders of the WD-40 company. It was the literal truth that it was their 40th formula that finally worked, and they decided to memorialize it by naming the product WD-40.

Unlike Edison, they found only 39 ways that didn't work.

Take care,
Russ

The WD-40 story (WD = water displacement) is actually a great story of perseverance and not giving up.