What's new

Poll FYI - Do Not Reboot SP3 with TypeCover Folded Back

With the TypeCover Folded Back, Does your SP3 Reboot Successfully?

• Total voters

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
umm sorry but I hate to tell you but we don't know exactly how many people are having this trouble, if you look at the charts only 22 people voted and 8 of those are having long boots issues because of the KB, and 7 people are having indefinite booting issues (not booting indefinitely) due to the KB and only 7 people are not having boot issues because of the KB so when U look at it 15 people are having boot issues with the KB and only 7 are ok... that to me seems like we have a big problem... I don't know why more people are not voting on this as there is over 1000 peeps who can vote and contribute to this problem and find out for sure how widely spread this problem is... but so far 15 to 7 ratio is not good!

You seem to be missing my point ;) I am fully aware that this poll is not representative. My point though is that the poll clearly indicates, even with just 8 people, that it does NOT effect every SP3 as was stated earlier. I'm not saying there isn't a big issue and never did.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Id hazard a guess that people experiencing the issue are more inclined to read and vote while others unaffected would be less inclined to read or vote. If you cant hear me now speak up. :)

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Id hazard a guess that people experiencing the issue are more inclined to read and vote while others unaffected would be less inclined to read or vote. If you cant her me now speak up. :)

How most things on the internet work. People create threads and even just join forums because they have problems, they rarely create a thread to say hey, i can fold my keyboard back and restart my SP3!

kundas1

NO, I'd hazard a guess that most people don't know that there is an issue with the KB folded back.. like myself, this happened to me and I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I came upon this thread... that's when I was like oh yeeaaa, that's why it did this. so now that this thread is here and people aren't participating in the poll or thread because maybe they don't care as this is a rare instance because 1) we never reboot with the KB back and 2) we never reboot our SP3... most peeps just put their SP3 to sleep. so that's why we don't hear more of this happening, BUT there is 3 web sites of this happening to people not just in here, so it IS more widespread than we know

@hughile I'm not saying it effects ALL SP3's either, all I'm saying is that this is more widespread than what the poll represents, you said that or hinted rather, that this is only effecting a small margin of SP3 and all I'm saying is this is effecting more than a small margin.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure why Polls exist on Forums they cannot be statistically or scientifically valid thus any attempt to draw a conclusion from one would be invalid.

goodintentions

This is definitely a firmware issue and I hope Microsoft addresses this immediately.
I doubt MS will deal with this.

Big corporations like MS is like a train. You can report all the bugs you want. The train will keep moving, aka stick to their time table.

Their engineers and programmers work in an outside info free environment. As a programmer, I've given up long ago on giving them any suggestion or bug reports. There's no point.

kundas1

I'm not sure why Polls exist on Forums they cannot be statistically or scientifically valid thus any attempt to draw a conclusion from one would be invalid.
no one is saying or expecting This to be statistically or scientifically accurate, but to give us a ball park figure on how many people are having this problem and if it's wide spread or just to a small few

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Are we really auguring about the validity of a poll on a forum on the internet? It is indicative of those who chose to participate in this thread's poll, it is valid for the participants within the thread. Do we know that it is an issue that is wider, yes and Microsoft is aware....

lhauser

I'm running Win 10 and specifically tried this...it rebooted fine. I'm temporarily reverting to 8.1 this weekend, will try to remember to try it before re-reverting to Win10.

Wallzii

I'm also not experiencing any bug related to whether or not my type cover is folded back during a reboot, for what it's worth.