What's new

Games List for SP3?

Nys299

I have a Surface Pro 3 i7/8GB 512GB HD5000

Is there anywhere that I can find a list of games that can run acceptably on my system?

Haldi

With Mouse or with Touchscreen ?
i haven't found a lot of games which work well with a Touchscreen.

Felyne

I found a youtube video which shows how to set up the surface pro 3 for gaming. The guy, who uploaded this also shows a few games he can run on the surface. Just search in Youtube for "surface pro 3 gaming guide configuration"

Quit impressive what games are playable on our device!

jdtimothy

I have been able to play almost anything I have wanted on the surface and still have pretty good graphics. It handles age of empires III, with graphic settings almost all the way up. I am also playing border lands 2 no problem.

kozak79

I play Stracraft II on it, and I've played Battlefield 4, it doesn't run great, but acceptable and extra satisfying knowing that I kicked a$$ on a tablet. I also have a NeoGeo emulator and an Xbox USB Controller for Metal Slug games.

OP
N

Nys299

I was referring to games which run with mouse and keyboard or gamepads like Xbox360/One Controllers.

vxm

The only games so far that were near unplayable for me are Lords of Fallen and Dragon Age Inquisition. I've tested many games since I bought SP3 and those run well: Fallout 3 GOTY, Fallout New Vegas GOTY, TES V: Skyrim GOTY, Warframe, World of Tanks, EVE Online, Borderlands 2, Firefall, Secret World, Dragon Age Origins, Civilization V, Endless Space, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Divinity: Original Sin, Dishonored. Yesterday came out Homeworld Remastered Collection and it works well too.

Surface Pro 3 isn't any "special" and it doesn't require some separate list of games- just check whether game you want to buy/play works with Intel HD graphics and this should give you good idea if it's worth a try. And from my experience many games that require dedicated GPU often run on Intel too when you google for how-to's.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
As vxm states, just take a common sense approach, the same approach you would typically have used when buying any game, look at the system requirements as a rough guideline.

Vega Secure'A

I have the SP3 i7 w/ Intel HD Graphics 5000

For the games listed below by "perfectly" I mean running settings on high or max with max resolution @32-bits. And I only posted for the games below because these are the games I play.

-League of Legends runs perfectly.

-Hearthstone runs perfectly.

-Star Trek Online runs smoothly with graphics settings set to mid, processor settings set to high, and resolution scale set to .50.

-Star Wars: the Old Republic runs smoothly on lowest settings @ max resolution.

-MechWarrior Online runs smoothly on lowest settings @ 1280x720.

-EVE Online runs on lowest/disable settings smoothly @ max resolution (except Texture Quality, Interior Effects, & Interior Shader Quality which are set to High). Also Resource Cache and Load Station Environments are checked.

-Anarchy Online is laggy even at lowest settings. If I can run the above games perfectly or smoothly then it should be a walk in the park with a game that was released in 2001, nope. Its not so much the SP3's performance/specs anymore as it is the code and server handling of the ancient game. They also really need to get to updating their graphics engine.

Last edited:

codrut

But how do you guys stop the SP3 from throttling? I tried some games and for the first 5 minutes I get amazing frame rates but after a while they drop due to power throttling. I want to play games as well....

JoshB

I have plenty of air flow around my SP3 when I use it for gaming. If you have it in a poor vented area it will be super easy for it to get hot and throttle. Just having an external desk fan blowing seems to be enough to stop it for me.