What's new

Games on the Pro - Please post experiences here.

machistmo

Posting this for people to discuss their gaming experiences: Maybe we should have a separate thread? Do we already? Anyway... I will attempt to use my External 500GB USB3 as I don't think even my 32 GB expansion slot will be enough for some games. Need to get a 64 Anyway. :mad2::in love::crazy:

GreatWindows

Posting this for people to discuss their gaming experiences: Maybe we should have a separate thread? Do we already? Anyway... I will attempt to use my External 500GB USB3 as I don't think even my 32 GB expansion slot will be enough for some games. Need to get a 64 Anyway. :mad2::in love::crazy:

On one of the threads someone showed a screenshot of WoW running on the Pro.

GreatWindows

I'd like to know if it runs World of Tanks?

Here is a chart of the HD 4000 and what other video cards it compares to.

Geforce
Discrete: 6800 Ultra, 7600 GT, 7800 GS, 8600 GS, 8600 GT (GDDR3), 9500 GT (DDR2)
Go (mobile): 7800 GTX, 7900 GTX

Radeon
Discrete: X800 XT (& PE), X850 XT (& PE), X1650 XT, X1800 GTO, HD 2600 XT, HD 3650 (DDR3), HD 3670
Mobility: X1900, 3670
Integrated: 6520G, 6530D, 7480D

veigus

I have some issues getting games to display properly and I was hoping someone could help me out. I installed Wizardry Online and when it starts up the game appears in the center of the screen with a black border around it. Only about a quarter of the actual game displays in the center of the screen. Alt+Enter does nothing. When I go into desktop mode and reduce the resolution, I get that black border around the screen. Any ideas?

Update: The default sizing is 150%. By reducing it to 100% I am now able to see the entire picture when the game starts but there is still a black border around it, it does not maximize to utilize the full screen.

Last edited:

GreatWindows

I have some issues getting games to display properly and I was hoping someone could help me out. I installed Wizardry Online and when it starts up the game appears in the center of the screen with a black border around it. Only about a quarter of the actual game displays in the center of the screen. Alt+Enter does nothing. When I go into desktop mode and reduce the resolution, I get that black border around the screen. Any ideas?

Update: The default sizing is 150%. By reducing it to 100% I am now able to see the entire picture when the game starts but there is still a black border around it, it does not maximize to utilize the full screen.

Have you tried changing the resolution in the actual game?

Nemesis296

I should have mentioned this with World of Warcraft before. The game started up normally, but the screen was completely non-responsive. Eventually the screen 'zoomed' in and I could only see about a quarter of the normal screen (which of course didn't include the buttons and fields I needed to use). What I did to fix it was to go into the properties for the EXE and choose Compatibility Troubleshooter. Eventually I got it to work by scaling down the DPI on the game and it works fine now. I think that World of Warcraft (and other games for that matter) might have difficulty displaying on a real 1080p display (at least on the 10.6" screen)

jamestIL

world of tanks works

I'd like to know if it runs World of Tanks?

Just spent 3 hours downloading and installed on surface pro it can confirm that it works. Had trouble logging on it did't want to recognize keyboard but opened and closed virtual keyboard and then the pyhsical keyboard worked? I put the game on xd card class 10 64 gb to not fill my hd.

Last edited:

Ashles

What I did to fix it was to go into the properties for the EXE and choose Compatibility Troubleshooter. Eventually I got it to work by scaling down the DPI on the game and it works fine now.

Would you be able to provide any more details on these steps? I am hoping to play some older games on my Pro so am likely to experience similar issues. Any descriptions would be most appreciated.