What's new

Games you recommend that uses Xbox Controller

bstylz01

what game do you play that is compatible with a xbox controller?
what games are WORTH buying?

right now all im playing is Left 4 Dead 2 and Asphalt 2.

Matt

The blazeblue fighter in the Store is very good, touch controllers are pretty responsive but the xbox controller support is excellent. Also Asphalt 7 and Halo SPartan Assault have great controller support. I paid for all 3 and dont regret any of them (despite Spartan assaults crappy micro transactions)

Have there been ports of Gears of War or any of the older Halo games to windows? My google search hasnt helped much. I see Gears of War PC reviews but no where I can actually purchase it. Always been a playstation person so quite fancy playing some of the old Xbox exclusives on my surface if i can

mark8900

call of duty black ops 2, xcom enemy unnown, i play both on my SP2 and they both work well, though black ops 2 needs a resolution change

the9thdude

Have there been ports of Gears of War or any of the older Halo games to windows? My google search hasnt helped much. I see Gears of War PC reviews but no where I can actually purchase it. Always been a playstation person so quite fancy playing some of the old Xbox exclusives on my surface if i can

I know that Halo 2 Vista works well on the former Surface Pros and supports controller input, whereas Halo: CE doesn't. I think if you're looking for Gears, you should try searching on GFW Live, but I'm not even sure it's still active.

Anyways, I've been playing Don't Starve on my Surface Pro 3 at full res with a controller on "Netbook Mode," and it runs great! (Don't Starve is a survival horror game. You can obtain it on Steam, GoG, or from kleientertainment.com directly.)

Matt

I've been playing batman arkham asylum with joypad and bioshock. Both run fine if you turn down the graphics options at 1080p. 720p will get the frame rate up and allow a few enhanced effects.