What's new

Genymotion and bluetooth

ximoosea

I am not very familiar with how Genymotion will work with the SP3 hardware. I have WP8 and do not have any Android devices. I am a runner and have the Garmin Vivofit and 610 running watch. Both of these devices have nice Android (and iOS) software to sync the devices through bluetooth, but no version is available for the Windows Phone. Would it be possible to install Genymotion and have the sync then work through the SP3 bluetooth or are these emulators just for running programs? Thanks in advance.

gabsi55

You could use connect.garmin.com in the browser to sync the files?
The ANT+ USB stick should be with the Forerunner?

OP
X

ximoosea

Thanks for the reply. Yes you are right, however I find the ANT+ to be very finicky and prefer not to use it....plus it then takes up the USB port. Was hoping that the bluetooth would be an option. The real solution is for Garmin to release a Windows Phone 8 version!

gabsi55

Yes, app would be perfect.
But Garmin is more on a iOS trip.. With my quatix I am left alone too...

I could try Bluetooth using DUOS (my prefered android emulation) and the garmin app in 2 weeks when I get my surface here if you want.

nnthemperor

Hi guys,
I'm running DuOS on my i3 Surface pro and I can confirm that it is the best way to run Android on Windows. I posted a video on Youtube about 2 days ago. I'll try to provide the link to it.