What's new

Get Surface to Automatically connect to Bluetooth Mouse?

mdfire

I got a Bluetooth mouse today which when paired with the surface works great. Problem is when I close the surface down or go out of range, I have to manually remove and add the mouse again. Surely there is an easier way to automatically connect when I turn the mouse on?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What brand is your Mouse? I have paired a Microsoft Wedge Mouse with my Surface and it re-connects automatically even if I've not used it in a while.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm....do you know which rev it is using for its Bluetooth Stack, is it a 2.0, 2.1, 3.0 or 4.0? I haven't tried anything but 3.0 (Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000) and 4.0 (the Wedge Mouse). Both reconnected automatically. You can also check in the Devices and Printers (Desktop Control Panel) and right click on the mouse and go to properties to see if there is the ability to reconnect automatically.

HTH,

ArnoldC

<snip>Problem is when I close the surface down or go out of range, I have to manually remove and add the mouse again.<snip>

My really old, perhaps BT 2.0 Genius BT mouse never manifests this issue. When I come back in range all I have to do is wake up the mouse.

yeewiz

I'm using a Logitech V470 BT mouse. No problem at all with mouse auto reconnecting when RT is restarted or awakened. Sounds like it's your mouse that's the problem

Last edited:

Corrosive

Chiming in... I use a cheap Lenovo bt mouse that I keep in my backpack from time to time and it works. I think I got it with a coupon for around 15 shipped... It has been trouble free. I set the surface up, turn on the mouse, and away we go.