What's new

Get Windows Photo Viewer back!

Kris

Thanks to TechJourney I found a way to get Windows Photo Viewer back.
Copy Red text below> open notepad>paste the text>save it with a file name ending with .reg extension>Then, run and merge the code to registry.
Pick an image file, right click and choose the open with option. Windows Photo Viewer should be an option now.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.jpg]
@="PhotoViewer.FileAssoc.Tiff"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.jpeg]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.gif]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.png]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.bmp]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.tiff]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.ico]

OP
K

Kris

Plan to do a fresh install on my S3 so I will have to try this out. Presently on both the S3 and SP3 slideshow is all zoomed in and off centre.
pressing F11 and choosing the option on the app itself both do a full screen slideshow for me. Very happy to have this app back and not to be stuck with the new craptastic app MS tried to force on us.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just tried the windows photo gallery, and it's somehow even worse than the new photo viewer app. Here is a screenshot, or a screenshot being displayed in it's slideshow app. Why I hell is it cropping (and in a corner???) an image that is the exact same size as the screen, pixel to pixel? I love win 10, but some of the things MS have done are pretty pathetic.
Screenshot (3).png

OP
K

Kris

I just tried the windows photo gallery, and it's somehow even worse than the new photo viewer app. Here is a screenshot, or a screenshot being displayed in it's slideshow app. Why I hell is it cropping (and in a corner???) an image that is the exact same size as the screen, pixel to pixel? I love win 10, but some of the things MS have done are pretty pathetic.View attachment 6537
mine doesn't do that...