What's new

Getting A Surface Pro!

JakeyFlower

hey everyone! loving the site so far, so i decided to register!

I will be buying the surface pro in a about a week!
looking to find some good drawing/painting apps the utilise the pens feautire (sensitivity, eraser etc)

maybe some fun games that run great!

looking forward to hearing from you guys and meeting you all!

Thanks and takecare from Australia!

OP
JakeyFlower

JakeyFlower

thank you :D i don't think the surface will have bugs? im getting the surface 1, i don't think i'll get surface 2
i mainly wanna play with drawing pictures an stuff, if i can find good drawing apps that work with surface, and maybe some fun little indie steam games
if you guys recon the surface 2 will be any better for that stuff then maybe i'll consider it, i also dont really care about battery life

surface 1 64 $497
might get the 128gb tho

surface 2 $1126

Boomzzilla

Go to JB Hi-Fi and and get them to price match the MS store price of $539 for the 128GB model, that is the academic price but they don't check your credentials so just say your a student if they ask.The 64GB is a little small on space when you consider win 8 takes up about 25GB,my 128 had only 90GB free from the factory, and if you add a usb of sd card it is way slower than the SSD.

I went in their late in the day and just said "do you have these in stock and will you price match the MS store price?", this sets you up as a quick and easy sale and they will eager to make it as they have pretty tough daily sales quotas to make and can be desperate for a sale near the end of the day.

For whats is worth I've had mine for a couple of weeks and had no bugs or BSOD's.

OP
JakeyFlower

JakeyFlower

thanks buddy :) i'll ask them about that, i have my surface on layby at JB HI-FI, not sure if they can do the price match cause it's already being paid off but its the 64gb ill see what i can do tomorow when i go to pick it up

OP
JakeyFlower

JakeyFlower

Picked it up today for $540 haven't done much yet but turn it on change account picture to squirtle :) still waiting for my cable internet to get connected sick of data sharing my iphone