What's new

Ghost Armor Full Body protector

johnknee

Does the clear screen protector have the haze look when viewed from an angle? Also, is the kickstand also protected? I saw their kiosk at the mall the other day and was thinking of getting mine done. I thought about it and what happens if I need to exchange my SP for any reason as I purchased the Complete program. Will Ghost Amor apply it to the new unit for free?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Does the clear screen protector have the haze look when viewed from an angle? Also, is the kickstand also protected? I saw their kiosk at the mall the other day and was thinking of getting mine done. I thought about it and what happens if I need to exchange my SP for any reason as I purchased the Complete program. Will Ghost Amor apply it to the new unit for free?

Highly unlikely. If you just bought new tires and then bought a different car would you expect the tire place to give you new tires for that too?

johnknee

Arizona, if you purchased at the kiosk, they will install everything in 20 minutes (included into the price).

fonsecaj

Highly unlikely. If you just bought new tires and then bought a different car would you expect the tire place to give you new tires for that too?

For a brief time back when Leica Camera had their M8 upgrade program raging, Morgan Sparks of cameraleather.com would send you a replacement covering if Leica service replaced his with stock vinyl. I think it was for a short time and you had to ask him, though.

Point is, it's not unheard of for a product that's a glorified sticker to be replaced by the manufacturer when the metal device it's stuck to is replaced due to repair or replacement, at least just this once.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Possibly it really depends on the supplier. Maybe a discounted replacement at a minimum.

Jay Slasher

As a frequent ghost armor user I can tell you that yes if you have to replace you SP under warranty they will replace the ghost armor for your new unit. They will however charge you the install cost. You will however have to peel off the GA and put it on a piece of paper or something then take it into the kiosk where they will replace it under warranty.

heed

Does the Ghost Armor cover the sides as well? My main concern is scratches around the USB & power ports.

tonyz3

Does the Ghost Armor cover the sides as well? My main concern is scratches around the USB & power ports.
take a look at sticker boy. they offer a great full body skin, with side wraps and even have a skin that sticks-( i have one) to the felt type cover. I got slate black brushed metal. search this forum i posted pix.

Arizona Willie

Well, I took my Surface Pro to the mall today and had it completely wrapped in Ghost Armor both the back and sides and the screen protector.
They charged me $20 for the installation. $10 each for the body wrap and the screen protector.
I let 'em con me into buying a bracelet thing supposedly to help Boys and Girls clubs too for another $2.
Totaled $79.03 for complete body wrap and screen protector and installation.

I was thinking of doing that carbon wrap thing. I liked the looks of that best, but was surprised that it was almost as slick as the bare Surface Pro.
So I went with their clear matte which had the best grip with the least slickness.

I just tried the Surface Pro out and tried using the stylus to write in Microsoft Word and it is EVEN BETTER than it was naked!!
I'm totally surprised.
This is nice.

Last edited: