What's new

Ghost Armor Full Body protector

Arizona Willie

Geesh, there must be a TREMENDOUS markup on that Ghost Armor.

They have a prime island spot in the mall that must cost them a small fortune for the rent, and there were 4 people working the kiosk at 2 in the afternoon.

Gotta move a lot of Ghost Armor to pay for all that.

TeknoBlast

Well, I took my Surface Pro to the mall today and had it completely wrapped in Ghost Armor both the back and sides and the screen protector.
They charged me $20 for the installation. $10 each for the body wrap and the screen protector.
I let 'em con me into buying a bracelet thing supposedly to help Boys and Girls clubs too for another $2.
Totaled $79.03 for complete body wrap and screen protector and installation.

I was thinking of doing that carbon wrap thing. I liked the looks of that best, but was surprised that it was almost as slick as the bare Surface Pro.
So I went with their clear matte which had the best grip with the least slickness.

I just tried the Surface Pro out and tried using the stylus to write in Microsoft Word and it is EVEN BETTER than it was naked!!
I'm totally surprised.
This is nice.

Don't want to sound like a one-upper, but I paid $27 installed for my GA. The guy was nice enough to throw in the screen protector for free and he knocked off about $10 from the price because he had to order it since they didn't have any pro skins in stock.

Arizona Willie

Good for you :)

Did you get it installed yet?

I know there is a tremendous markup on this stuff.
The kiosk in the mall charged me the same as the price on their website, plus the installations.
To me, the extra charge for installation was worth it. It takes steady hands and a keen eye and some experience to put these on well.
I put the screen protectors on my Xoom tablet and then one on the Surface ( which we threw away ) and despite my best most careful attempts didn't get either one < perfect >.
This kid did get it right.

You got a good deal.

numetheus

Good for you :)

Did you get it installed yet?

I know there is a tremendous markup on this stuff.
The kiosk in the mall charged me the same as the price on their website, plus the installations.
To me, the extra charge for installation was worth it. It takes steady hands and a keen eye and some experience to put these on well.
I put the screen protectors on my Xoom tablet and then one on the Surface ( which we threw away ) and despite my best most careful attempts didn't get either one < perfect >.
This kid did get it right.

You got a good deal.

Yeah. I don't know how many times I've purchased these things in the past and end up taking them off because I get a hair in it or some kind of flaw .... wasting my money. At Ghost Armor, you can have them re-apply if there are any flaws. The $20 for installation I think is definitely worth it.

Easyryder01

I'm a little disappointed with the carbon skin from ghost armor I just had done this past weekend. I had one on already that went all the way to the edges, the ghost armor one does not. The perimeter pieces are all in many little pieces and don't cover around the ports or slots at all. Not very happy with it. It feels good to the touch but the other one I had felt the same way too.

TheJokker

I would be worried about heat build-up. After experimenting with the incipio feather case I think the Suface depends upon the mag vapor case to act as a heat sink. Wrapping it up would defeat that purpose.

oion

I would be worried about heat build-up. After experimenting with the incipio feather case I think the Suface depends upon the mag vapor case to act as a heat sink. Wrapping it up would defeat that purpose.

Decal/sticker-type wraps are going to be a whole lot thinner than the Incipio Feather, such that you can feel the heat going through it, and I think the Incipio Feather also doesn't have vents all the way around. Dependence on the fans is primary while the chassis heat sink I believe is secondary, though still significant if you do work that actually requires the fans to ramp up in the first place. The decal/sticker approach is really the only reasonable protection from scratches without additional weight/bulk.

Easyryder01

I must say that regarding heat and the incipio feather case I had it and there was plenty of ventilation, but if you're worried about ventilation when the surface is in the docking station the majority of the vents are covered up once you clamp it in. So going back to the vinyl type coverings I don't think it is going to affect cooling.