What's new

[GIVEAWAY] Surface with Windows RT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal killer

surface1.png

Thanksgiving is only a few days away and we are going to celebrate the holiday a little early by showing our gratitude and giving away a very special gift. Surface Forums is proud to announce that we will be giving away one (1) Microsoft Surface Tablet to one (1) randomly drawn winner! The 32 GB Surface with Windows RT is packed with features that would put a smile on any techie's face. A quick overview of the Surfaces features include:

• OS | Windows RT, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT Preview2
  • EXTERIOR | Dimensions: 10.81 x 6.77 x 0.37 in • Weight: Less than 1.5 lbs • Casing: VaporMg • Color: Dark Titanium • Physical buttons: Volume, Power
  • STORAGE | 32 GB* • 64 GB
  • DISPLAY | Screen: 10.6" ClearType HD Display • Resolution: 1366 x768 • Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (widescreen) • Touch: 5-point multi-touch
  • CPU | Chip: NVIDIA T30 • System memory: 2 GB RAM
  • WIRELESS | Wireless: Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) • Bluetooth 4.0 technology
  • BATTERY | Up to 8 hours mixed activity • 7-15 days idle life
  • CAMERAS | Two 720p HD cameras, front and rear-facing
  • AUDIO | Stereo speakers • Two microphones
  • PORTS | Full-size USB 2.0 • microSDXC card reader • Headphone jack • HD video out port • Cover port
  • SENSORS | Ambient light sensor • Accelerometer • Gyroscope • Magnetometer
  • WARRANTY | 1-year limited hardware warranty
  • APPS (included) | Mail • Messaging • Word • Power Point • Excel • OneNote • SkyDrive • Internet Explorer 10 • Bing • Music • Video • Games • and more.

If you've ever had the pleasure of using the Surface you understand what a powerful tool it can be. From work to gaming, the Surface delivers a fantastic tablet experience no matter what your needs are. You are all probably anxious to know how you can win this beauty, so lets jump right into it.

Rules for Entry:

1. Only ONE entry per member
2. "Like" our Facebook Page
3. In the comments below tell us what you will be using your Surface for. Whether it's for work or play, we want to hear how you intend to use it.

The contest will end November 26, 2012 at 12:00PM Central. A random winner will be drawn and announced later that day.

So what are you waiting for? "Like" us on Facebook and get your entry in today! We thank you all for making us the best Surface Forum on the internet! Good luck and have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

omatic73

I'm not on Facebook, but I most certainly "like" this.

I intend on using the Surface for work and play. I am hoping that it ultimately replaces my desktop and laptop.

I'm very glad this forum is here!

TeknoBlast

I live in Dallas and my parents and siblings live in Houston. The Surface would be perfect to communicate using Skype since my parents don't to get to see their grandson, my son, that much. For my parents, it would be a very easy device to leave how to use and a great way to keep in touch, visually, instead of by voice.

ugenes34

How will I use the Surface?

I will use the Surface for most of what I have used a laptop for in the past. Primarily for productivity on the run, staying in touch via Skype, text and email. I have 2 children and 5 grandkids that live over 1800 miles away and using the Surface to skype with them is going to be truly awesome. I also plan on getting some entertainment use out of it. I am hoping to use it to watch HD movies via the available HDMI adapter. Thank you for this opprotunity!

Gene Schreiber
New Member just last week.

ARosch

I would like to have a Surface for taking to college classes. I am an engineering student and I would like to have something other than my big clunky laptop for carrying with me. I need something that works great for taking notes and writing papers that can then be easily uploaded and shared with other students or professors. Thanks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
The correct answer is for everything. Isn't that the reason MS created the Surface in the first place? A no compromise (ok minimal compromise for the RT but that is why there is the Pro) tablet/laptop super machine :D

Of course to use it to its potential may require help from other users that have one. So that means the ultimate use of a Surface tablet is to help others with Surface tablets (queue Circle of Life music)...

Sin

A bit of everything. Email, web browsing, Skype, reading, writing, music, games, etc. Thanks for the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.