What's new

Going Commando...

KeithN

So I have been trying different cases for my SP3 all with mixed results and to be honest they all have pros and cons. Maybe it's just me but I am picky and I like the design of the SP3 and I like using the kickstand and not some adaptation from a case so I decided to just start going commando (without a case) but using a small bag to carry it in to protect from the weather.

I guess what started this is I am planning to get a docking station but from what all I can tell the SP3 will not fit into the docking station with any clothes on so my SP3 will now be displayed to all in its natural glory! I wouldn't mind a rubber covering to protect the edges but doubt it would fit the docking station either so...

My question is what are you good people doing that have a SP3 with a docking station?

xcentrk

I am in the same boat as you. I have not found anything I like, so naked it is. I dock at home and the office and use it in the field as a tablet and laptop so I don't want to be taking a case on and off all the time. I just have a small bag that fits the SP3, some cables, pens, mouse and paperwork and am good.

I'll probably get a skin at some point when I find one I like. Will be following this thread to see what others have come up with.

toaf

for my 2. i did go 100% commando, then i just kept my keyboard attached. it docks with it on. just dont leave it closed, you might get ghost touch screen clicks for the keyboard. its beter then nothing.

kundas1

I go commando all the time with just my Swiss Gear carry bag and its great! couldn't ever imagine putting my SP3 in a case... lots of pockets for my MS Arc BT mouse, BT headphones, my pen, and couple of other stuff..

I46174821.jpg

Joe Torres

I don't use a case at the moment just a couple different bags....
I use this Solo sling bag (i know it says 10 inch but trust me the Surface Pro 3 fits perfect with keyboard attached )as my daily use with jeans and to just run somewhere like coffee shop or mall. It fits perfectly with pen attachment as well. I also have my sons Nexus 7 in the dedicated tablet pouch and charging cords in front zipper pocket with my multi USB port adapter also.
http://www.amazon.com/Collection-Un...qid=1424108164&sr=8-1&keywords=solo+sling+bag

I also have this Ogio Covert 13 vertical bag for work or sleek atire
http://www.amazon.com/Covert-Should...qid=1424108459&sr=8-2&keywords=ogio+covert+13
It is a very handy bag as the SP3 fits in there really nice and has padding but i'm able to drop and pull it out easily. The other pockets are great to fit my mini jambox, charging cords, logitech ultrathin touch T630 mouse, 2 tb Seagate slim portable hard drive, USB 3.0 port adapter, my 3 in 1 mini display port adapter and then put my Lenovo Yoga tablet 2-8.0 in back pocket.

I do have my eye on this Muzetto Leather bag which looks amazing and gotta love the smell of leather.
http://www.sfbags.com/collections/shoulder-messenger-bags/products/muzetto-leather-bag

malberttoo

Welcome to the forum, @KeithN!

IMHO, one of the nicest cases you can get for your SP3 is the Manvex case. I owned one for my SP1 and had every intention of buying for my SP3. But I never did.

My SP3 has gone commando since day 1, and I can't imagine not showing it off in its natural beauty.

Last edited:

Jeff Au

Mine is without case too. When needed, I put it in a Waterfield Outback sleeve..... most times, I just put it into my carry-bag (which I used to lug a laptop around - now that bag is so much lighter!)

I do put an Xtreme invisible skin on the back. Helps protect from scratches...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
L
Mine is without case too. When needed, I put it in a Waterfield Outback sleeve..... most times, I just put it into my carry-bag (which I used to lug a laptop around - now that bag is so much lighter!)

I do put an Xtreme invisible skin on the back. Helps protect from scratches...
For the record ... I gave you an accidental like but I'm not going to take it away