What's new

Google Books

Geraint

Prior to purchasing a Surface, I had purchased a number of books from Google Store. I have attempted a number of times having downloaded the books, installed various apps, I still cannot read them. Is that correct, I shall not be offended with with a simple answer of 'yes', much more happier if there is a way around the problem.

Geraint
Wales,UK

daniielrp

I tried it on the Google.co.uk/books website and I can read books fine there. Never tried an app though.

duanewillis

Prior to purchasing a Surface, I had purchased a number of books from Google Store. I have attempted a number of times having downloaded the books, installed various apps, I still cannot read them. Is that correct, I shall not be offended with with a simple answer of 'yes', much more happier if there is a way around the problem.

Geraint
Wales,UK

I use the google chrome apps launcher to get into google play books - there is an option there that lets me download the books and I've been able to read them offline successfully.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

OP
G

Geraint

Thank you for your help, but my surface will not allow Chrome to be installed, which I was warned about prior to purchase. How have you got around this problem?

TJ77

Geraint
Wales,UK

I initially had the same problem but found I can read them through the Google search app that's available through the store....

DrIndia

Another solution is to install Bluestacks android player with android 4.x (you can use older also) and then install google play books and other google apps that u need.
All android apps working on my windows PC very well.