What's new

Google contacts and calendar won't work

MarnieColette

Everytime I try to add my google acct for contacts and calendar it says unable to connect. check details. I can add the account as long as I don't try to sync these two. I even tried adding the acct as an active sync. any guidance would be great since I use those numerous times a day.

Just discovered this article....it isn't going to work...rather sad for users http://www.windows8core.com/category/latest-windows-8-news/

Last edited:

Tom T

Not sure what the problem is, as soon as I entered my gmail info in the mail app it automatically grabbed my calendar and contact info. It all syncs up fine.

mike b

I have the same issue. Google contacts and calendar will not sync. Microsoft not very helpful. Is this a Google issue?

Sin

I have the same issue. Google contacts and calendar will not sync. Microsoft not very helpful. Is this a Google issue?
Google dropped support for Exchange and Microsoft has not yet completed support for CalDAV and CardDAV. Seems Google dropped support to take a shot at Microsoft and unfortunately their users are the one that gets the short stick. Unfortunately that happens with free services.

Tx2Stepn

One of the reasons I choose MS is because they were not as proprietary, but it seems w/ this going on over google they are changing their stance. All my pre January w8 works but after that gmail doesn't sync. I'm having to use the desktop IE to get to my info...