What's new

Gorgeous SMOOTH fonts on Surface Pro and Desktop

machistmo

Whatever it takes to get you through the day man... Whatever it takes...

Mental NOTE(for MitchellVii's BFF) I should be noted that I tried this on a TPT2 and could not tell any difference at all despite having perfect vision. Maybe its my Awesome Dell 30 inch or the other awesome Dell touchscreen being PIMP FO WIZZLE NIZZLE? But DAMN I dont need this kinda crap software on my tablets. Kidding - seriously, I couldnt tell a difference on the tablet or the outputs via the dock to either of the aforementioned monitors. M7 - I still have the Stickers (#R, in case you were wondering. MY tablet has a DOCK! muhahahah

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Thanks! I've actually used this on my desktop a few years ago and it looked pretty good. It does look better on my desktop now, but it looks absolutely awesome on the Surface Pro. Looks like the fonts on a Nokia Lumia 920 (So smooth!).

There is no doubt it works. If it doesn't you are doing it wrong. Have no idea on Super HD monitors.

Codevine

Have you restarted and are sure it is running? There's definitely a big difference on 3 screens I have it installed, although none of these are above 250 DPI, but I doubt your >24 inch screens are.

machistmo

No because MS requires this level of interaction to get something like fonts to look right. ... did you think i meant something else?

Last edited by a moderator:

Codevine

We both kinda meant the same. ;) Although Windows' font rendering got a lot better, especially with the Modern UI IE.

mervincm

Not sure I want to go down this rabbit hole :) , but can someone tell me how this problem can easily be seen on the surface pro? I would like to try this out and see what it does.

machistmo

Not sure I want to go down this rabbit hole :) , but can someone tell me how this problem can easily be seen on the surface pro? I would like to try this out and see what it does.

It cant be easily seen and largely exists in the minds of a few OCD people. It is what I have been saying all along. :)

Codevine

There is no "problem" to see. The standard windows fonts are ok, this application just makes them a bit smoother. They do look better (and a bit like OS X's font rendering), but it doesn't work for some applications (like Google Chrome) and there are also some problems with, for example, the status bar popover for Dropbox. However, if you want to try it out, just install it and restart your machine.

Here is an example picture of the differences (not on the surface pro, 100% desktop scaling):
example.png

Last edited: