What's new

gosmart stylus - any reviews with surface rt?

andyc

Like the look of this stylus - cannot find a review of performance with surface RT
anybody had experience?

regards
Andy C

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've not used the Gosmart, but it is very similar to the Adonit Jot Pro and I use one of these everyday for inking and it works well. I would say I get performance on par to a nTrig v 2.0 with it, no where near a Wacom experience but as good or better than I had on my HP Slate 500.

OP
andyc

andyc

just had a response from the manufacturers

" We have had customers that have said it worked and others that have said they have had issues where it was not consistent. The Microsoft Surface has a Capacitive Screen much like the iPad's but the issue is in the manufacturing as some iPads and Surface RT's are not all made alike and the capacitance greatly differs among all units. What I can say is this. If you decide to buy the GoSmart Stylus and it does not work for you then you are welcome to return it for a full refund. "

So I think I am going to give it a go (when i get my surface!)

OP
andyc

andyc

thanks for info :) think i will give it a miss then! pity
im only after a decent handwriting stylus - no need to draw -stick men my limit!
still considering wacom bamboo (cheap but decent option)
possibly adonit jot pro (might get this if bamboo not upto it)

CrippsCorner

Haven't heard of the product but just popping in to say hello from another Essex owner! Maybe I'll see one out in the wild one day lol... I take it you're not the Andy C
excited.png

GQ+AndyC_DH_6448.jpg

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for info :) think i will give it a miss then! pity
im only after a decent handwriting stylus - no need to draw -stick men my limit!
still considering wacom bamboo (cheap but decent option)
possibly adonit jot pro (might get this if bamboo not upto it)

The Bamboo is useless for handwriting as it feels like writing with a big crayon that is slightly melted, I highly recommend the Adonit Jot Pro it is by far the best Capacitive Stylus I've used for inking.