What's new

Got a Surface Pro 128GB with Type, but really dissapointed

OP
J

jsanders128

I'm using Microsoft One note 2013 (From office 2013, not the one note app from the windows 8 store). Its very flexible and good to use with the stylus. I'm also playing windows media player in always n top mode to listen to a lecture.

thank you for the reply

OP
J

jsanders128

You kept it... good for you!

There is a work-around for this. (Although I use the phrase work-around loosely).

You can view and annotate in the Metro Reader, however (as you already know), when you save, then reload, it is distorted annotation. The work-around is to open it in Acrobat Reader (Metro Version) to read the annotations and print.

Even though the annotations are distorted in the Reader, you can still reload it in Reader, annotate more, and save again (As long as you use Acrobat Reader to read/print the annotations.).

I know it’s a clumsy solution, but at least you can do everything on the Metro side and don’t have to convert any files first. Hopefully Microsoft will fix it soon.

thanks for the tip. I mostly use the Surface to read PDF ebooks. So, I like to make annotations, save the file, open it later, annotate later, etc. Right now, I'm finding PDF annotator to be quite good.

Thanks for the tips. I actually have PDF annotator. But I often have to open PDFs of several hundred pages and it is slow. PDF annotator also does not have palm rejection, so its difficult to draw on PDFs. I'll try Foxit Reader, but I heard that the lines and drawing are jagged.

As for alternative devices. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is great at PDF annotation. You can use a program called ezPDF that is basically almost perfect. The only drawbacks are that Android has a poor file management system.

I'm keeping the Surface for now and am going to try FoxIt reader. Maybe if PDF Annotator had some settings for palm/finger rejection that might be good too.

If you are going to use Foxit, you need Phantom, not the reader.