What's new

Got a sweet deal on a Surface pro 2 at best buy!

elnutty

Been mulling around the idea of getting a Surface a few weeks, and have been lurking here checking out what everyone thought of the system. So I decide to finally bite the bullet and get one of last years Surface Pro's that bestbuy had listed for 599. I go to the computer dept register and tell the young woman that I would like one of last years models. She asks why I don't get one of the surface pro 2's that they have. I reply that I am on a budget. She says that they are on sale and tells me that the 128 GB surface pro 2 is selling for 679... I was skeptical so I asked if she was sure that was the price. She said she was so I bought it without hesitation.

Later in the day I went back to get a type 2 cover and there was another person in the computer dept working. When I stated that I wanted wanted a type cover 2 he asked if I bought a surface pro 2 earlier. I replied yes, and he said that the girl was mistaken and gave me the deal of the century...

I am loving my new surface but since I never get any deals or have any kind of good luck, I am half expecting the screen to shatter or the system to die on me!

be77solo

Man, congrats!! That's by far the best deal I've read about, fantastic shopping skills ha

I need to take you to Best Buy with me sometime, maybe your luck will rub off:)

Go online and register at myservice.surface.com and sign up for Complete Care with the money you saved. Then you'll be covered well into 2016.

Congrats again on your new device.

kundas1

Btw, I bet that's why someone else was working when you went back, me thinks she got fired LOL

OP
E

elnutty

Btw, I bet that's why someone else was working when you went back, me thinks she got fired LOL

I really hope she didn't get fired. I was thinking that too when I went back. She thought that was the price for whatever reason. I didn't try to pull one over, I even asked her to confirm that was the price!

I was looking at the service plans. I might get one! How is the reliability from what you have all experienced?

jefhart

I really hope she didn't get fired. I was thinking that too when I went back. She thought that was the price for whatever reason. I didn't try to pull one over, I even asked her to confirm that was the price!

I was looking at the service plans. I might get one! How is the reliability from what you have all experienced?

I've sent one unit back already but now I think it was a bad hdmi cable and not a bad unit. I would buy the extended warranty if I could just because it is not that much.

bluegrass

Can't believe that scanning the barcode on the box didn't correct the girls mistake. Why can't you buy the extended warranty.

OP
E

elnutty

Can't believe that scanning the barcode on the box didn't correct the girls mistake. Why can't you buy the extended warranty.

It scanned as 999 but she did a manual override to bring it down to 679.... I was sure when I saw it come up at full price that she would have investigated but she didn't even take a second to think before changing the price

jefhart

I didn't purchase it when I purchased my Surface. When I had to return it to Microsoft a month later I thought it would be a good idea to get one since I was already having problems. I believe it allowed me to purchase it for the replacement unit serial number but after my case was closed it said I didn't have a warranty and it never showed up on my credit card so I guess you have to purchase it when buying your Surface? If I were to try to purchase it today it would say something like "this isn't an option for this device" or something similar.