What's new

Great calendar and mail client

Claudio Cesare

Hello all.

I have my i7 SP3 from one week now and everyday i'm happy with the decision to switch from my 2013 imac 27 to the SP3 (tough but right decision at last :cool:).
So, one thing I miss though is the mail app of OSX and mostly ICAL.
I worked very well with ICAL (switched to mac only for that at that time).
I liked the multiple colors you can give to the different types of appointments ecc...
Same for OSX Mail, very nice interface.
One thing i really don't like is MS Mail and Calendar. I mean, don't you think that a Tablet/PC for professionals in mobility would need these 2 programs to be their diamond????!!!!
I need a mail client which can manage multiple accounts and that maybe "make some sort of sound when a mail arrives" and that has an alert on the desktop. Same for calendar, something more....... let's say OSX.....;)
Any suggestions? People which are empreneurs like me which live with mails and appointments what do you think?

Thanks for responses
Claudio

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Outlook 2013 is worth a look. I work it hard, and find it easy to use for my several email accounts (Exchange, GMail, Yahoo, and a few POP and IMAP accounts). Plays well with Windows. Sync works nicely for calendar and contacts on my iPhone.

Last edited:

malberttoo

Hello all.

I have my i7 SP3 from one week now and everyday i'm happy with the decision to switch from my 2013 imac 27 to the SP3 (tough but right decision at last :cool:).
So, one thing I miss though is the mail app of OSX and mostly ICAL.
I worked very well with ICAL (switched to mac only for that at that time).
I liked the multiple colors you can give to the different types of appointments ecc...
Same for OSX Mail, very nice interface.
One thing i really don't like is MS Mail and Calendar. I mean, don't you think that a Tablet/PC for professionals in mobility would need these 2 programs to be their diamond????!!!!
I need a mail client which can manage multiple accounts and that maybe "make some sort of sound when a mail arrives" and that has an alert on the desktop. Same for calendar, something more....... let's say OSX.....;)
Any suggestions? People which are empreneurs like me which live with mails and appointments what do you think?

Thanks for responses
Claudio

Outlook 2013 is worth a look.

+1 for Outlook. There is a new version coming out soon that should be optimized for touch/ the Metro environment.

kristalsoldier

+1 for Outlook. There is a new version coming out soon that should be optimized for touch/ the Metro environment.

When is this? With Windows 10? If yes, then that's a long wait, no? Also, I wonder if Outlook is heavy on the battery. Is it? Perhaps those of you who use it can share your experiences?

malberttoo

When is this? With Windows 10? If yes, then that's a long wait, no? Also, I wonder if Outlook is heavy on the battery. Is it? Perhaps those of you who use it can share your experiences?

I don't know any exact dates, but I would guess 1st or 2nd quarter of 2015. You can Google "office gemini" and see what the scuttlebutt is.

Outlook currently is a little harder on the battery, only because it is a Desktop app, and they all use the battery a bit more than an MUI app.

kristalsoldier

I don't know any exact dates, but I would guess 1st or 2nd quarter of 2015. You can Google "office gemini" and see what the scuttlebutt is.

Outlook currently is a little harder on the battery, only because it is a Desktop app, and they all use the battery a bit more than an MUI app.

Thanks will do. It would be interesting to see how MS configures Outlook into a MUI format.